Warm toasts are a common breakfast item in many households. But not every day is the same. Somedays we would love to have toasted slices of bread for breakfast while other days we would love to have crunchy croutons in the bowl of soup. And the best toaster oven will help you make delicious meals of the day easily.
But before you jump down to toaster oven reviews. the question is, do you really need one? Working with a toaster oven is similar to that of large in-built ovens. Both of them use hot air to cook/bake/roast or preheat food. But a toaster oven is a mini version of the large appliance that is useful in preparing side dishes. Many people also use the small toaster oven for everyday baking.
The best thing about a countertop toaster oven is, they are highly affordable as compared to a large built-in oven. You can get a good toaster oven under $100 with multiple preset menus. And now a majority of them use convection technology that helps to bake, broil, or roast ingredients quickly and effectively. So from baking pizza to roasting chicken, you can prepare a lot of delicious recipes with the best budget toaster oven.
Best Toaster Ovens Under $100
|Oster Toaster Oven - Digital Convection||6 Slice||1300 Watt||Check Price|
|BLACK+DECKER Toaster Oven||6 Slice||1500 Watt||Check Price|
|Hamilton Beach Long Slot Toaster Oven||4 Slice||1300 Watt||Check Price|
|Cuisinart Toaster Oven Broiler with Convection||6 Slice||1800 Watt||Check Price|
|BLACK+DECKER Oven with Natural Convection||4 Slice||1150 Watt||Check Price|
|Toshiba Digital Toaster Oven||6 Slice||1500 Watt||Check Price|
|COMFEE' Countertop Toaster Oven||6 Slice||1500 Watt||Check Price|
1) Oster Toaster Oven | Digital Convection Oven, Large 6-Slice Capacity
So you just shifted to your new apartment with no built-in kitchen appliances. Then go for Oster 6-slice toaster oven. This large digital appliance with a 6-slice capacity is ideal for a family of 5. Its powerful 1300 watt heating element provides results similar to that of the large in-built oven. In fact, it is a perfect small substitute for large kitchen appliances.
Thanks to the convection heating technology of Oster countertop toaster oven that offers a wide range of temperatures. You can easily set an appropriate temperature between 150 to 450ºF by pressing buttons on the control panel. The provided temperatures are good enough for baking, broiling, toasting, warming, making pizza, and much more at home.
Broiling food requires high temperatures. And Oster’s built-in broil feature heats the elements at maximum temperature. Not only does high heat soften the ingredients but also results in even browning and melting. You can use it for both, high-heat London broil or melt parmesan on fries, bruschetta, pizza at lower temperatures.
- Modern stainless steel frame with user-friendly digital control panel
- Equipped with convection technology, the unit distributes heat evenly and quickly
- Its extra-large interior can hold up to 12-inch pizza or 6 slices of bread at a time
- Removable crumb tray and rack for easy cleaning
- Long 31.5-inch cord
- Best rated toaster oven under 100 dollars for home use
- The model carries a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Avoid keeping any flammable things near the appliance as the rear and top gets very hot
- 6-slice capacity
- Convection technology
- 7 cooking settings
- 2 rack positions
- Auto shut-off
- Weighs 20.3 pounds
2) BLACK+DECKER Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
It is hard to use a gas grill in small apartments. Many buildings do not allow the use of grills at all. But that does not mean you cannot enjoy a good roast at home. Try Black+Decker countertop convection toaster oven with built-in broiler function. The appliance is engineered to cook food 20% faster. Plus, it also includes a broil rack for perfect broiling.
The deep interior fits a whole medium size chicken for a perfect family dinner. In addition to chicken, Black+Decker CTO6335S can fit 12-inch pizza, casserole dishes, muffins, and much more. And thanks to its dual position rack that lets you position the tray according to the size of the food. Proper position of the tray prevents messy interior, plus, makes it safe to take out the hot food from the oven.
Black+Decker offers a total of 8 one-touch functions. These functions include broil, bake, toast, bagel, pizza, frozen snacks, potatoes, and cookies. So from toasting slices of bread for breakfast to a baking casserole for dinner, you can prepare a variety of dishes with CTO6335S.
- Comes with a broiler pan for better broiling every time
- External and fully removable crumb tray that slides in/out easily
- High and low oven rack positions
- Extra-deep curved nonstick interior
- Best convection toaster oven with multiple one-touch settings
- Simply wipe clean the nonstick interior with tissue paper once cooled
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty
- Wording on the panel wear off after a few uses
- Display panel lacks a proper backlight
- 6-slice capacity
- 8 preset settings
- Dual-position rack
- Convection technology
- Weighs 15.76 pounds
3) Hamilton Beach 2-in-1 Countertop Oven and Long Slot Toaster
No need to take the toaster out of the cabinet every morning when you can use your countertop oven as a toaster. Yes, it is true. The unique design of Hamilton Beach with a long-slot toaster on top lets you toast 2 slices of standard bread at a time. You can also toast a slice of large bread for making bruschetta or use the slot for toasting bagels.
If you’re not in the mood of toasting bread, simply slide the lever on left to use the oven. The classic stainless steel toaster oven comprises two knobs, one to set time and the other one to set the temperature. The contoured knobs are extremely easy for you to set precise temperature and time.
Even though it is a small toaster oven, Hamilton Beach 31156 offers 2 rack positions to fit food perfectly. You can fit a small baking tray to bake a 9-inch pizza, make baked potatoes, muffins, etc. Besides, a 60-minute timer with auto shut-off reduces the risk of overheating. The machine shuts off automatically once the timer is over.
- The unique combo cooks crispy crust pizzas and toasts bread evenly 40% faster than traditional units
- Stay-on setting is ideal to bake multiple cookie batches
- Included rack, removable crumb tray, and bake pan
- Extra-wide toast slot fits in wide artisan bread or 2 bagels at a time
- Separate shade selector knob toasts the slices precisely the way you like
- The auto shut-off turns the oven off on completion of a cycle
- 1-year limited warranty in the US, and 5 years in Canada
- You cannot use both toaster and oven at the same time
- 2-in-1 countertop oven
- 5 shade options
- 2 rack position
- 60-minute timer
- Optional stay-on
- Auto shut-off
- Weighs 14.78 lbs
4) Cuisinart TOB-60N1 Toaster Oven Broiler with Convection, Stainless Steel
Toast slices the classic way with Cuisinart toaster oven TOB-60N1. The classic exterior of the unit blends beautifully with traditional and contemporary kitchen styles. Plus, the industrial-grade stainless steel construction is meant to last for years. Simply wipe the brushed stainless steel with a damp cloth to remove any dirt or debris off the surface.
In addition to a great classic look, Cuisinart convection toaster oven offer 0.6 cubic foot capacity. This much capacity is enough to fit in a 12-inch pizza or 6 slices of toast. Speaking of toast, Cuisinart TOB-60N1 offers a separate knob to set the shade. You can select from light, medium, and dark shades.
While there are no preset functions, there is an individual knob to select the function. Cuisinart offers 5 functions that include broil, bake, toast, convection bake, and warm setting. The broiler function sets the countertop oven at 500ºF. And with temperature this high, you can broil chicken legs, kebabs, veggies, with a tender inside and crispy layer outside.
- Classic design with a durable brushed stainless steel body
- Best affordable toaster oven with convection
- Powerful 1800 watts of heating elements can heat inside up to 500ºF for excellent broiling
- Nonstick coating ensures easy cleanup after every use
- Power on LED indicator
- 3 colors choices; Black, Copper, and Steel
- Backed by a limited 2-year warranty
- A large tinted glass door to monitor the cooking process
- Tiny dial readings
- 6-slice capacity
- 5 functions
- Shade controls
- 0.6 cu. ft. space
- 1800 watt
- Weighs 14.60 lbs
5) BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Toaster Oven with Natural Convection, Stainless Steel
Small kitchen countertops demand an appliance that has a compact size. And Black+Decker 4-slice toaster oven is perfect for limited storage spaces. This compact yet functional unit is ideal for RV, small apartments, and dorm use. Even though compact in design, it can easily fit a 9-inch pizza. Or you can insert a small muffin tray with 4 holes.
Black+Decker TO1760SS comes with a baking pan, broil rack, and a crumb tray for your convenience. Add the right tray to the appliance and select an appropriate cooking function from the 4 options for flawless results. Also, the 4 cooking options are convection bake, broil, toast, and keep warm.
Natural convection technology makes the inexpensive toaster oven worth the money. The exclusive combination of compact design with convection heating preheats the oven fast and evenly. Besides, the interior is designed in such a way that it precisely manages airflow based on the principles of thermodynamics. This gives you excellent output every time no matter which one of the 4 functions you select.
- EvenToast technology provides up to 30% more even toasting
- Natural convection preheats the interior quickly
- Best small toaster oven under $50 for RVs, small apartments, dorms, condos, etc
- Precise timer with the optional stay-on setting
- Durable stainless steel exterior
- Extra-wide viewing window lets you keep a close watch on food
- The unit carries a 2-year limited warranty
- Knobs are made of plastic along with some plastic in the door handle
- 4-slice capacity
- 4 cooking functions
- 30-minute timer
- Natural convection technology
- Stay-on function
- 1150 W
- Weighs 7.30 lbs
6) Toshiba Digital Toaster Oven with Convection Cooking, Stainless Steel
Upgrade your modern kitchen with Toshiba digital toaster oven. This unit is the best example of classic design and modern controls. While it comprises knobs to set time, temperature, and function, a large digital display above shows digits. In short, you will not have to bend down to look tiny reading to set precise time and temp.
Toshiba AC25CEW-SS offers the highest preset menu settings of a majority of toaster ovens under $100. You get a total of 10 cooking functions that include toast, bake, broil, pizza, cookies, defrost, reheat, rotisserie, keep warm, and convection. This wide variety of options lets you cook 3 meals of the day easily in a single appliance.
Love rotisserie chicken? Then you would be happy to know that Toshiba digital oven offers a special rotisserie function along with a rotisserie kit and lifter. The 3-piece kit revolves meat slowly for uniform browning and crusting. And this makes out the best, juiciest, self-baster meat that everyone would love.
- The large, brightly lit LCD display allows you to set functions easily
- Includes a baking pan, rack, crumb tray, rotisserie lifter, clamp, and kit
- A perfect combination of convection and rotisserie heating
- Easy to clean, nonstick interior
- 3 rack positions with indications printed on glass offer flexibility
- Multifunctional toaster oven under 100 bucks
- One year limited warranty
- Small front panel reading
- Temp rises and lowers in the 10-degree range only
- 6-slice capacity
- 10 cooking settings
- Dual-position racks
- LCD display
- 3 rack positions
- 1500 W
- Weighs 22.70 lbs
7) COMFEE’ 6-Slice Toaster Oven Countertop with Convection
If you prefer knob control over digital panels then Comfee 6-slice countertop toaster oven is for you. This beautiful black appliance with 3 silver-colored knobs compliments various kitchen styles. While there are two separate knobs for controlling temperature and function, a timer knob lets you set the timer, plus, the shade of toast when you select the toast option.
Just like a majority of units, this black toaster oven also features a removable crumb tray. Simply take out the tray and clean it under running water, use detergent only if necessary. Besides, the nonstick interior is easy to clean with a damp cloth. The damp cloth will remove all the splatters, spilling, and debris in one go.
A large, clear glass window on the front lets you monitor the cooking process without opening the door. Also, the door opens down on the countertop so you can slide in the baking tray/rack comfortably. Speaking of the tray, Comfee countertop convection oven includes a baking pan, baking rack, and a crumb tray.
- Wide temperature range from 150ºF – 450ºF
- The small toaster oven is ideal for apartment kitchens, vacation homes, dorms, and offices
- 4-in-1 easy cook option lets you bake, convection, toast, and broil
- 60-minute timer with stay-on mode
- The convection fan circulates the hot air within the oven for quick and better cooking
- Beautiful black stainless steel exterior
- Includes basic accessories so you can use the appliance right out of the box
- One-position rack
- No interior light
- 6-slice capacity
- 4 cooking functions
- 60-min timer
- Convection cooking option
- 1500 W
- Weighs 16.46 pounds
What to look at when buying an inexpensive toaster oven under $100
If you living alone or with your partner, then a 4-slice toaster oven is ideal for use. A 4-slice unit will occupy less space but at the same time offer similar functions to that of a large model. On the other hand, a 6-slice appliance is perfect for a family with up to 5 members. There are many models that allow the use of dual racks which makes a 6-slice toaster oven suitable for large families.
A toaster oven will definitely consume less energy than a large, built-in kitchen oven. However, energy efficiency also depends upon the usage and heating element of the unit. For example, a 1500 W unit will preheat quickly and consume more energy as compared to a 1200 W. But then it will take time for the 1200 W machine to reach the ideal preheating temp.
Apart from toasting bread, you can bake desserts, make croutons, pizza, cookies, casserole, roast vegetables, and much more. Also, some toaster oven under 100 dollars offers special rotisserie and high-heat broiling features to make mouthwatering meat at home. In short, a good toaster oven is not limited to toasting bread slices only.
Multiple Oven Function
For precise cooking, many affordable toaster ovens offer multiple preset functions. Common functions include bake, broil, keeping warm, reheating, defrosting, and convection. However, many new models offer added functions like pizza, cookies, rotisserie, etc.
Is it worth buying a toaster oven for under 100 dollars?
A tight budget forces you to look for affordable kitchen appliances. And on the bright side, you can get a highly functional and durable unit in the budget that can last for years. There are many good toaster ovens under $100 that provide results similar to that of a full-size oven. These inexpensive models not only save money but space as well. Plus, you can take advantage of the several functions a model offers to do much more apart from toasting bread slices.
Do you need to preheat a toaster oven?
There is no need to preheat a toaster oven but you would have noticed that many chefs recommend preheating. Also, the recipe book and online cooking instructions tell to preheat an oven before cooking.
Preheating raises the inside temperature for better baking/cooking. It is like, you do have to wait too long for the interior to heat when you’ve already preheated the toaster oven. This reduces cooking time as the food gets a ready temperature to begin the further process. In short, it is not necessary to preheat but is highly recommended.
You might also like:
Do not let budget search make you settle for any random unit when there are some best toaster ovens in the market under $100. These affordable models are a perfect alternative to a large full-size oven. They comprise various functions and setting for flawless toasting/baking/broiling/reheating and conventional cooking at home. Plus, they are extremely easy to use and maintain. So why wait long when you can bake delicious pizza, broil kebabs, and of course toast slices in the comfort of one’s home.