Imagine you being so hungry and opening your fridge only to find some leftover pizza slices. Yes, I too get that immense feeling of happiness to see pizza slices.
But you cannot have them cold with all the cheese on the top frozen. To enjoy leftover pizza just the way it got delivered is by properly reheating them. And reheating pizza in a toaster oven is the simplest, cleanest, and quickest way.
Many people simply reheat pizza and other cheesy food at high temperatures. But that is a completely wrong way.
The high temperature will undoubtedly heat the surface of the pizza but it will not heat its contents from the inside.
As a result, you’ll eat a pizza slice that is hot from above and cold in between. And you do not want to do such a blunder especially when you’re starving. Learn the easiest way to properly reheat pizza in a toaster oven below.
How to Reheat Pizza in a Toaster Oven (Step-By-Step Guide)
Using a toaster oven to reheat leftover pizza slices is the quickest of all. This is because, toaster ovens are small in size, therefore, they heat up the inner cavity quickly and reduce cooking or in this case, reheating time.
In addition to quick reheating, a countertop toaster oven saves electricity. Thus, you can enjoy cheesy goodness without worrying about the electric bill. And here’s how to reheat leftover pizza properly.
- Preheat your toaster oven at 350°F for 5-8 minutes with a baking sheet or pan inside.
- Now place the cold pizza slices on the baking sheet and switch to baking mode.
- Turn on the baking function for 5-7 minutes depending on the thickness of the crust.
- If you see the cheese begin to melt, then it is a sign that the leftovers are well baked and ready to take out.
- Use oven-safe tongs or spatula to remove the slices safely.
- Enjoy the cheese melt in your mouth just like you got your pizza delivered.
How much old pizza you can reheat?
While it is safe to reheat pizza the question is how many days old pizza can you eat? Pizza is safe to eat for a few days under certain conditions.
If you’re planning to eat it later on the same day then keep the remaining slices inside the fridge.
Also, do not eat slices that have been sitting at room temperature for more than 2 hours. But on the positive part, you can save your favorite pizza slices for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Do not freeze them.
While the leftover slices are good to reheat and enjoy for up to 4 days, I recommend having them as soon as possible to avoid any health issues. And also, how long can you resist enjoying your favorite slices sitting in the fridge?
How long do you reheat pizza in a toaster oven?
Time and temperature are two major factors that determine the overall doneness of food.
You cannot just reheat slices at high temperatures for a few minutes or keep them inside the toaster oven for several minutes at a low temperature and expect them to turn out to be perfect.
So the question is, how long should you reheat pizza in a toaster oven?
- PREHEAT: It is ideal to preheat the toaster oven before putting in pizza slices. This saves you cooking time as you directly put the food at a temperature where it began to reheat. Remember to keep the baking sheet inside while preheating the oven.
- BAKE/REHEAT: Once the preheat cycle is over, keep the slices inside the hot tray. Now reheat pizza slices for 10 minutes. You can decrease 2 or 3 minutes if the crust is thin or add a few more for a thick crust. Or unless you start to see the cheese melt.
- Done reheating your pizza? then clean it with some excellent oven cleaners to avoid any bad smell.
A small countertop toaster oven is a wonder to have. It is loaded with features that let you bake, grill, toast, brown, and defrost.
In short, it is a compact version of a full-size wall oven. And when it comes to reheating pizza, you can totally rely on your toaster oven.
Using the appliance is a short and quick way to reheat cold pizza slices and satisfy your midnight cravings.