Woks have now become common kitchen cookware. People love this cookware due to its round and deep shape that can fit a good quantity of food at once. Woks are the heart of Chinese recipes. From stir-fried rice, and vegetables to scrambled eggs, woks are more versatile than you think. But have you ever considered using a wok outdoors? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place to find the best outdoor wok burner.
What Is a Wok Burner?
The shape of the wok requires a good base to cook food properly. And wok burners are designed to fit various sizes woks easily for flawless cooking. Even though they look very similar to the gas burner, there are a few differences that make the wok burner perfect for Asian cooking.
A wok burner is simply a propane-fuel burner that is designed to produce high BTUs in a small span of time. Within minutes, the cookware reaches a searing hot temperature that is ideal for stir-frying, deep-frying, steaming, smoking, and cooking a variety of ingredients.
In addition to impressively quick heating, a good quality wok burner is highly portable. So not only for backyard use but you can carry them to picnics, camping, or tailgating events. Set and connect the burner to a reliable propane tank and make mouthwatering recipes in no time.
But for that, you’ll need a good outdoor gas wok burner that sets up easily and gets the cookware hot enough in minutes. Not every burner is the same, some might look well but end up worse than a gas stove while others are built for years of use.
Best Wok Burner for Outdoor Use
|GasOne Square Heavy- Duty Burner||Propane||200,000||Check Price|
|Bayou Classic High Pressure Cooker||LPG||59,000||Check Price|
|Eastman Carbon Steel Wok Burner||Gas||65,000||Check Price|
|King Kooker Portable Outdoor Burner||Propane||54,000||Check Price|
|GasOne Portable Single Burner||Propane||100,000||Check Price|
|Eastman Outdoor Kahuna Burner||LPG||65,000||Check Price|
|ARC USA, Cast Iron Wok Burner||Propane||200,000||Check Price|
|GasOne B-5300 Outdoor Burner||Propane||65,000||Check Price|
|NUWAVE MOSAIC Induction Wok||Induction||575F||Check Price|
|ARC,615BS Gas Wok Burner||Propane||200,000||Check Price|
So after testing a bunch of models we’ve picked some of the best outdoor wok burners for you that will make your outdoor cooking time fun. Let us dig into the reviews to find which model suits your needs the best.
1) GasOne 200,000 BTU Square Single Gas Wok Burner For Outdoor
If you take your cooking job seriously then GasOne heavy-duty outdoor wok burner is perfect. This high-pressure burner provides an impressive 200000 BTU output that even professionals love. Such output is common with authentic Asian cooking where you need a wok hot enough to stir-fry vegetables for a crispy exterior.
A fully-adjustable heat control regulator knob lets you set the heat precisely. From 0 PSI to 20 PSI, the knob can result in high flaming which sets your wok temperature to searing hot. However, it is okay to see some paint chips after the wok reaches 200000 BTUs as to date there is no paint to tolerate heat that high. But 200k BTU output is excellent if you’re using an authentic cast iron round-bottom wok. This will make the wok reach the right high temperature for authentic stir-frying, be it vegetables, meat, or fried rice.
The burner material is made of high-output cast iron to support powerful 200k output. Cast iron is known for its excellent heat retention properties. Also, it will not crack or deform when exposed to such high heat. Besides, the burner stands on a welded frame support that remains at a good distance from the ground.
- Perfect for stir-frying, boiling turkey, deep-frying chicken legs, etc
- O-ring installed on the regulator to ensure no leakage of gas
- Comes with a heavy-duty steel braided hose
- You can cook flawlessly with this unit even if it is cold outside
- An extremely powerful burner that is suitable for both woks and pots
- Includes a fully assembled durable welded frame
- Best heavy-duty outdoor burner for both backyard and commercial use
- The paint chips – but it is obvious at temperatures these high
- 200,000 BTU
- Cast-iron burner head
- Adjustable air control panel
- 0-20 PSI adjustable regulator
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Weighs 27.5 lbs
2) Bayou Classic High-Pressure Cooker, Black
Cooking outdoors is all about fun, family, and friends. And if you love hosting parties for your friends or family then Bayou’s classic high-pressure gas cooker is a perfect alternative to a propane gas grill. It provides a 14-inch wide cooking surface that accommodates large volume pots up to 30 gallons. You can also fit a large flat-bottom wok easily to prepare a meal for the crowd in one go.
Bayou high-pressure propane wok burner is equipped with a 4-inch cast aluminum burner head. In addition to supporting wide pots and woks, the no-rust cast aluminum burner is finished with heat-resistant paint. The burner head is protected by a 360-degree windscreen that eases outdoor cooking during windy days. Thanks to the windscreen that lets you slow cook food on windy days without worrying about the flame getting off on every sudden breeze.
The 10 PSI preset regulator is excellent for outdoor cooking. You can turn the knob to full and get an impressive 59000 BTU output that is more than enough for authentic Chinese and Asian cooking. Let the wok heat for a few minutes before adding vegetables or meat chunks and see how wonderfully the burner helps in creating a crispy layer outside while the inside remains soft.
- Full windscreen protection to cook peacefully on windy days
- Broad 14-inch cooking diameter that can fit wide flat-bottomed woks or up to 100-qt stockpot
- Long and durable 48-inch stainless steel braided hose
- Sturdy cast aluminum burner with heat-resistant paint
- Compact wok burner is easy to carry to the campsite, picnic spots, and tailgating events
- Preset regulator with brass control valve
- Best affordable outdoor propane gas burner for cooking Chinese and Asian delicacies
- Manual ignition
- The paint burns and releases an obnoxious smell when used for the first time even though it is heat-resistant
- 59000 BTUs
- 14-inch cooking surface
- 4-inch cast aluminum burner
- 360º windscreen
- 10 PSI preset regulator
- 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Weighs 13.01 pounds
3) Eastman Outdoors 22-Inch Carbon Steel Wok Burner Kit, Black & Steel
Never owned a wok before but eager to try outdoor cooking? Then Eastman Outdoor carbon steel wok kit is a perfect solution for you. This big kahuna propane burner with adjustable legs is ideal for versatile cooking. The legs go from 26-inch to 18-inch with few adjustments. This makes the setup ideal for various outdoor cooking that includes turkey frying, stir-frying, deep-frying, boiling, steaming, etc.
Eastman 37212 Outdoor gourmet kit comes with a 22-inch deep-dish carbon steel wok. This wok sits perfectly on the big kahuna propane burner for flawless cooking even if you’re using the wok for the first time. And to make the cooking even more fun, the wok comes with a stainless steel work spoon and spatula. The long spoon and spatula let you stir fry ingredients safely.
Accuracy matters a lot to some people especially when you’re deep-frying delicate seafood like fish, shrimps, etc. So Eastman outdoor gas burner kit comes with a 12-inch AccuZone thermometer to maintain a proper temperature. Besides, a clear instruction manual and wok how-to CD helps you set and use the kit better.
- The big kahuna burner has adjustable legs to double for boiling water in large pots as well as for wok cooking
- Flip the burner top to change from concave to a flat surface to accommodate various cookware
- A patented burner that meets or exceeds industry standards
- Includes wok spoon and spatula for the smooth stirring of ingredients
- Comes with a user-friendly instruction manual, plus, a wok how-to CD
- Best economical outdoor Chinese wok burner with additional accessories
- Wok coating needs to be burned off and seasoned properly before use
- Hose quality is just on the mark; not too good nor too bad
- 65000 BTU
- 12-inch burner ring
- 22-inch carbon steel wok
- 12-inch AccuZone thermometer
- Adjustable legs
- Weighs 25 pounds
4) King Kooker 24-Inch Portable Propane Outdoor Cooker with 18-Inch Steel Wok
Portability is the key when you have to take the cooking setup to campsite, beach, off-grid, or tailgating. And King Kooker’s heavy-duty portable outdoor cooker is simply best for outdoor cooking. Thanks to its sleek and lightweight design that makes it is ideal for patio, deck, poolside, and campsite cooking.
Measuring 18.5″ L x 8″ H x 18.5″ W, the outdoor wok burner is built especially for Asian-style cooking. Plus, it comes with an 18-inch steel wok that sits on the burner ring perfectly for professional-style stir-frying in your backyard. The package includes a bolt together cooker and a special recessed wok ring to ease the cooking setup while outdoors. The special ring holds the 18-inch round-bottom steel wok firmly in place while the powerful burner generates a high flame on the bottom.
The wind is common at campsites and hiking spots which makes it difficult to cook. But thanks to a flame-protective wind guard incorporated around the burner head that helps to hold the flame straight during windy weather. As a result, there are fewer hot/cold spots that ultimately cooks food evenly.
- Recessed top ring for secure placement of steel wok
- Includes 2 wooden spoons + a deep-fry thermometer
- CSA-certified cast burner
- LP hose and regulator with type-1 connector
- Comes with instruction and a recipe booklet
- Best portable outdoor wok burner for camping and hiking
- The distance from the burner to the bottom of the pan is approx 3 inches. In short, you might need a secondary screen to hold up flame straight during high winds
- The stand is removable but it might find difficulty in holding the weight of large stockpots
- 54000 BTU
- 18-inch steel wok
- 24-inch bolt together flame
- Flame-protective wind guard
- 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Weighs 16 pounds
5) GasOne Portable Propane 100, 000-BTU High-Pressure Single Burner For Wok
Any list of best outdoor wok burners is incomplete without mentioning the GasOne unit and here’s another great product from the brand. The portable propane 100000 BTU high-pressure single burner stove is perfect for people looking for a powerful burst of flame. Within a couple of minutes, the powerful flame from the burner sets your wok temperature searing hot for perfect authentic stir-frying in your backyard.
The high-quality burner sits on a tough welded frame that features adjustable legs. Besides, the two sets of legs can be detached from the frame for convenient storage and transportation. You can also use the frame this way for cooking at a lower height from the ground. Or simply attach the legs if you like to stand while cooking. Either way, the stable ring holds your pot/pan/stockpot/wok steady for easy cooking.
While the built-in adjustable heat dial controls the flame directly from the regulator, the adjustable air control panel controls oxygen/gas consumption for a clean blue flame. This way you get better control over flame combustion as well as achieving searing-hot temperature is possible within a few minutes.
- Convert the simple burner from turkey frying to beer brewing by adjusting its height or completely removing the leg extensions
- BTU topped off at 100k is ideal for using stockpots, griddles, woks pans, beer kettles, and many more
- Adjust the thin metal panel to control the oxygen volume entering the burner
- The high-quality cast-iron burner head
- Includes propane regulator and steel braided hose
- Lightweight, portable design
- Best rated high-BTU outdoor wok burner under $100
- Lacks windscreen
- A bit sensitive valve
- 100,000 BTUs
- 0-20 PSI adjustable high-pressure regulator
- Adjustable air control panel
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Weighs 16 lbs
6) Eastman Outdoors 90411 Portable Kahuna Wok Burner with XL Pot, Black
Wok cooking on a flat or slightly curved surface might not be comfortable for beginners. So Eastman Outdoors 90411 has a perfect solution. This portable kahuna burner with wok brackets holds the wok in place while you turn on the flame to full and stir fry vigorously. These brackets with larger sides are designed for the maximum safety of the user while cooking outdoors. The brackets can handle woks up to 18-inch in diameter and pots up to 36 quarts.
In addition to reliable brackets, this portable burner features adjustable legs. Simply turn the knob on each leg and the legs adjust from 18-inch for larger pots to up to 26 inches for woks, skillet, and smaller pots. And the best part is, you can completely remove legs to easily transport and store the unit.
The portable kahuna XL burner is an adaptive burner that supports multiple cooking styles. Thanks to its adjustable height and brackets that let you use the burner for crab and lobster pots, fish pots, and much more. On the other side, the adjustable propane regulator is great for deep-frying chicken, wings, seafood, and vegetables, also, boiling crab, fish, clams, mussels, etc.
- You can either use the unit with brackets or remove them and replace them with a ring
- Fuel-saving revolutionary burner
- CSA approved adjustable propane regulator and hose with burner safety shut off
- The safe flow of pressure and gas for quick cooking
- Adjustable legs are perfect for backyard cooking, camping, tailgating, and more
- Highly portable unit with removable legs
- Best stir-fry wok burner for the money
- Needs a wind guard
- Flat cooking surface sometimes move the wok if you stir with full pressure
- 65000 BTU
- 10 PSI
- Safety shut off
- Adjustable legs
- Limited warranty
- Weighs 12.3 pounds
7) ARC USA, Cast Iron Propane Gas Wok Cooker – Great for Outdoor Cooking
A cheap outdoor burner makes a noise like a jet engine when set on high. And most Asian recipes require a high-flame while cooking food. So does that mean you’ll have to tolerate loud noises while cooking? No, not with Arc USA high-pressure cast iron propane gas cooker. This high-BTU unit has a maximum of 200000 BTU output which is great for wok cooking, stockpot, seafood boiler pot, etc.
Despite offering such higher BTUs, the burner does not produce loud annoying noises. Although it is not completely silent but not loud enough that you will need to wear noise-canceling headphones. Besides, the wok burner features an adjustable 0-20 PSI regulator to adjust the flame according to the cooking requirement.
Speaking of flame, the Arc USA features a high-quality cast iron burner that ensures stable firepower output. Multiple tiny holes in the firepower output ensure even heat distribution for versatile cooking. The high-quality burner sits on an all-welded frame with wide-set legs and a heavy-duty base.
- Heavy-duty design, perfect for outdoor cooking
- CSA certified regulator
- Comes with stainless steel braided hose, spanner, hook, and connector
- Side windshields to better cooking on windy days
- The reinforced steel base is all-welded for extra durability
- Features an air damper to control gas consumption and get a clean blue flame
- Best high power outdoor wok burner under 100 dollars
- Lame warranty period
- Average value regulator design that might be prone to leakage
- 200,000 BTU
- 0-20 PSI adjustable regulator
- 47-inch stainless steel hose
- Air damper
- 30-day warranty
- Weighs 24 lbs
8) GasOne B-5300 One High-Pressure Outdoor Propane Burner, Black
Budget-friendly and reliable, this GasOne outdoor propane burner can be your perfect cooking partner during camping, tailgating, or hiking. The improved design of GasOne B-5300 single high-pressure makes it worth buying. It features tall wind guards for added protection against wind. Now, this is great for outdoor cooking where high winds are common. You’ll not have to worry about flame going off on every sudden breeze.
With a price tag under $50, the unit is ideal for wok cooking in your backyard, campsite, or other similar places. But do not let the low price of the product make you think of it any less as GasOne B-5300 offers up to 65000 BTU. Now, this is one high-pressure single burner that is suitable for boiling, cooking, grilling, and much more. And just like other GasOne outdoor gas wok burners, you can control the flame intensity through the regulator.
Speaking of the regulator, the unit already includes a 0-20 PSi adjustable regulator that fits in flawlessly with the provided steel-braided hose. Besides, O-ring on the regulator minimizes the chances of leakage. Thus, you can set the flame on high for stir-frying or set it on low for home brewing, the high-quality outdoor burner will provide the best results.
- Comes with a 0-20 PSI adjustable high-pressure regulator, a steel braided hose, an adjustable dial, and a clear instruction manual
- Fully adjustable air control panel that allows control of oxygen intake
- Large wind guard for added protection
- The high-temperature coating can withstand high temperatures without paint chipping off
- O-ring on regulator ensures leak-free use
- Low height, the strong frame is sturdy enough to be handle heavyweight
- Best lightweight outdoor burner under $50
- The paint chips off on high flame – which is common in wok burners
- Average hardware quality
- Side guards will not block the wind totally, thus, you should have extra panels to keep the flame on during wind gust
- 65000 BTU
- 0-20 PSI regulator
- Adjustable air control panel
- Cast-iron burner head
- Large wind guard
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Weighs 11.38 pounds
9) NUWAVE MOSAIC Induction Wok with Tempered Glass Lid
Many people are afraid to use a propane tank especially when they had a bad experience using one. But that doesn’t mean you cannot enjoy cooking Asian cuisines at high temperatures. Nuwave Mosiac induction wok makes it possible to cook outdoors without flame. Thanks to induction technology that distributes heat evenly and offers precise temperature control for wok style cooking at home.
The induction base comes with a compatible 5-quart carbon steel wok that sits perfectly onto the base. Once set, the high-quality induction coils bring the wok temperature over 500 degrees F in a minute. Thanks to the temperature dial of the unit that lets you cook on as low as 100ºF and as high as 575ºF with 5ºF temperature increments.
The induction reaction generates heat directly in the wok itself. In short, there is no wastage of heat. And the best part about Nuwave Mosiac at-home induction wok is, the rest of the surface remains cool. This reduces the risk of accidental burns which is great for people who hate to cook on a basin with high flames.
- The induction wok base remains cool and stable while you cook
- There are 2 intuitive dials for quick and easy time and temperature adjustments in 5-degree increments
- A preheat button makes it super easy to bring the wok to a perfect temperature
- Bright LED display shows all settings
- Comes with tempered glass lid, stainless-steel wok stand, and frying rack
- Different wattage control for versatile cooking
- Best indoor induction wok with no open flame
- It might be hard for some people to lift and stir food using a wok handle
- Requires pre-seasoning
- 1500 W
- Induction technology
- 14-inch carbon steel wok
- Tempered glass lid
- Built-in vent
- Digital controls
- Weighs 16.8 pounds
10) ARC 615BS – 200,000 BTU Propane Wok Burner with Removable Wheels
Do not let winds disturb your cooking with Arc high-pressure propane burner. It features a full 360-degree windscreen that protects the flame from all sides. Also, the screen is large and tall, which lets you cook even at low flame. In short, this unit is perfect to use in windy conditions without worrying about the flame going off.
For safe installation, Arc outdoor gas wok burner comes with a spanner and hook. Use the spanner to connect the hose tightly and safely to the unit to prevent gas leakage. And when not in use, simply hang the hose on the side with a hook to prevent the regulator from being damaged. Speaking of the regulator, it is CSA approved and 0-20 PSI adjustable.
While many units offer a stand with fixed legs, Arc portable gas burner features a movable cart with 4 wheels. 2 out of 4 wheels are equipped with a stopper to keep the unit steady. Also, all 4 legs are completely removable to store or transfer the unit safely in a small space, such as your car’s trunk.
- 10-inch large heavy-duty cast burner
- Screw gas connector ensure safety and prevent the gas release
- Legs and wheels of the unit are removable to ease storage and transportation
- The wide 19-inch cooking area fits large pots, cazos, woks, etc easily
- Comes with a 47-inch steel braided hose and connector
- Full 360-degree windscreen makes it one of the best outdoor wok burners for use in windy conditions
- Assembly might take some time
- Only 2 wheels have locking castors
- 200,000 BTU/h
- 19-inch cooking area
- 20 PSI ” CSA” certified regulator
- Movable-cart design
- 360-degree windscreen
- Weighs 39.8 pounds
How to choose the best wok burner?
The power of a burner is determined by its BTU output. The more the BTU, the more rigorously the burner will release flame. Almost all the wok burners provide a high-BTU output as their purpose is to bring the wok or other cookware temperature to high. Normally, wok burners can generate 20000 BTUs to 200000 BTUs of power, or even higher in some cases. Thus, which is enough to make authentic Asian recipes.
Easy To Use
Generally, a wok burner comes with a ring that fits the wok pan perfectly. If you’re planning to use cookware other than wok then go for a burner that has a wide head. This will accommodate cookware of different sizes easily.
Suitable for Stir-Frying
One of the reasons for the wok to become famous is their ability to stir-fry. High temperature and a little bit of oil are enough to give the ingredient a crispy texture while the inside remains soft. And luckily most outdoor gas burners offer searing high temperatures that are best for stir-frying foods.
Stable and Robust
It would not be wrong to say that wok burners are a bit costly. And it is obvious to seek some durability for the money. Go for burner heads made of cast iron or cast aluminum with good-quality heat-resistant paint. Such heads retain heat well which ensures longevity. Apart from the burner head, pay attention to its legs. Well-welded thick legs provide better stability when placed on the outdoor burner on uneven grounds of the campsite or beach.
Are Wok Burners a Good Choice for Wok Cooking?
If you’ve ever been to a good Chinese restaurant, you might know the chefs use an authentic round-bottom wok for making your favorite Chinese food. But we often pay less attention to the flame or stove used. Any authentic Asian cooking will involve the use of a good quality wok burner as the high-BTU flame spreads evenly across the round bottom of the wok which, in turn, makes the cookware searing hot in minutes.
Not only expensive Chinese restaurants but many food truck owners that serve Chinese food use a wok burner. And this makes it very clear that wok burners are a good choice for wok cooking. Such burners generate a tremendous amount of heat as well as use a portable fuel medium, mostly propane, which is easy to transport. High heat in minutes, plus, portability makes wok burners a good choice to cook food while camping, hiking, tailgating, or off-grid living.
How to Cook on a Wok Burner?
Cooking using a wok burner is pretty straightforward. You might not even need a video tutorial for setup. While many units come already assembled for instant use, you might need to perform a little assembly with some burners. But it will only take a couple of minutes to put all the parts of the outdoor wok burner together.
To begin cooking, it is important to have the right pair of tools by side as it involves cooking on high heat. There are special long wok spatulas and spoons that help with safe cooking and stir-frying on extremely high flame.
Double-check your setup. Make sure the gas is not leaking from any side of the burner head, hose, or regulator. Once the setup is done, it’s time to set the wok in place and fire the burner head. Set the flame with the help of a regulator and you’re ready to make mouthwatering recipes.
You may also like:
It is unusual to think of getting a wok burner unless you really enjoy Asian cooking. But to your surprise, a good quality high-BTU outdoor burner can be used for other purposes as well. This includes boiling, steaming, deep-frying, shallow-frying, etc. From stir-frying veggies to making pasta, you can do a lot with the right wok and a good quality wok burner. And now that you have got the best outdoor wok burner list in hand, do let us know which model you’ll be using on your next trip or backyard event.