Every kitchen is incomplete without a sink. And nowadays, kitchen sinks play an important part in interior decor. If you search, you’ll come across many different types of sinks. But the two basic configurations are drop-in and undermount kitchen sinks. And today we’ll be discussing Kraus stainless steel undermount kitchen sinks.
Earlier people used to skip installing undermount kitchen sink due to their high-cost and tricky setup. But now installing an undermount sink is as easy as drop-in models. Also, the rates of them have slipped impressively which makes you consider them when redoing your kitchen. Even a popular kitchen sink brand like Kraus has introduced affordable undermount kitchens sinks.
Kraus has made its name in the sink industry and credit goes their durable designs. They make several models for different kitchen requirements. For example, you can get a single bowl stainless steel for a one-wall countertop or a double kitchen sink with a drainboard for busy kitchens. No matter what your choice is, quality is one sure thing with Kraus kitchen sinks. So let us have a look below to find the perfect sink for your kitchen.
Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink From Kraus
|Kraus PRO KHU100||32 Inch||Single||Check Price|
|KRAUS KWU110 Workstation||30 Inch||Single||Check Price|
|Kraus KBU24 Sink||32 Inch||Double||Check Price|
|Kraus Standart KHU103||33 Inch||Double||Check Price|
|Kraus KBU14||31-1/2 inch||Single||Check Price|
1) Kraus Standart PRO Undermount Single Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
If quality is your top priority then Kraus single bowl undermount sink kitchen is perfect for you. Made of stainless steel, this product is made to last for years without denting or cracking. Instead of using any ordinary steel, Kraus Standart Pro uses dent-resistant T304 stainless steel. Measuring 1.5 mm thick, this stainless steel kitchen sink shows superior durability and strength for years of use.
Instead of a drain in the center, Kraus 32-inch undermount sink has a rear set drain. This provides more usable space for stacking dishes in the sink as well as extra space in the cabinet below. Speaking of space, the oversized bowl is 10-inches deep. And one major benefit of a deep stainless steel kitchen sink bowl is, it offers more room to stack up dirty dishes. In addition to a 12-quart stockpot, you can stack up to 30 plates, frypans, and baking sheets.
While the scratch-resistant kitchen sink is already of premium quality, Kraus KHU100 still offers an in-sink rack. This multi-functional stainless steel dish grid protects the sink bottom further. It comprises rubber feet that prevent daily wear as well as stays a bit high for easy cleaning of plates. Besides, you get 3 basket strainer set and a premier Kraus kitchen towel for easy maintenance.
- Clean contemporary design with a beautiful sheen that compliments a variety of kitchen decors
- Protective coating on thick stainless steel prevents condensation built-up
- Extra-thick sound-absorbing pads cover over 80% of sink base to absorb annoying noise while the sink is in use
- Gently sloped bottom do not let the water stand inside the rectangular bowl
- Best single bowl undermount kitchen sink for 32-inch cabinet
- Large rectangular sink bowl is great to give bath to your dog
- For the price, Kraus offers the best durable and excellently designed product
- Hard to find
- 32″ x 19″ x 10″
- T304 stainless steel construction
- 10-inch deep
- NoiseDefend technology
- Wear-resistant finish
- Rear drain
- Lifetime limited warranty
2) KRAUS KWU110-30 Kore Workstation Undermount Kitchen Sink with Integrated Ledge and Accessories
A busy kitchen means lots of dirty pots, pans, and dishes. But do not let a pile of dirty plates ruin your countertop view. And Kraus undermount kitchen sink with ledge will help your counter look clutter-free. This 30-inch workstation sink is truly a bliss for people who love their kitchen. It comprises of an integrated ledge that allows you to slide custom accessories across the sink to streamline meal prep and cleanup. All this without giving up countertop space.
The design of Kraus Kore KWU110 is inspired by professional kitchens. And by professional we mean it includes 5-piece chef’s kit. This kit includes a roll-up dish drying rack, cutting board, dish grid, stainer, and drain cover. In short, you can chop, slice, and clean-up right over the sink without losing an inch of countertop workspace. No doubt, it is the best Kraus undermount stainless steel sink for home chefs.
Deep 10-inch sink in addition to 30-inch length provides the maximum capacity to keep all your dirty pots and dishes. From stockpots to frypans and baking sheets to wine glasses, Kraus Kore single bowl sink provides enough space to wash and dry items comfortably. The offset drain provides an uninterrupted workspace while channeled grooves direct water seamlessly to drain hole.
- Tight-radius corners ensure plenty of room for stockpots, frypans, plates, and glasses
- Kraus undermount kitchen sink with cutting board features a natural non-porous bamboo to chop, slice, and dice right over sink without compromising even an inch of countertop space
- Includes a stainless steel grid with soft bumpers to protect sink base from hot pots, scratches, and dents
- Off-set drain design gives you more workspace
- It is one complete high-quality kitchen sink set
- Thick 1.5 mm stainless steel construction is highly resistant to corrosion and rust
- Fully insulated with proprietary NoiseDenfed Soundproofing
- Costly (but worth buying)
- 30″ x 19″ x 10″
- 33-inch max cabinet size
- 16-gauge steel construction
- Off-set drain
- Built-in ledge
- Channel grooves
- Rust-resistant finish
- Lifetime limited warranty
3) Kraus KBU24 32 inch Undermount 60/40 Double Bowl 16 gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
While many people prefer a single bowl design, some love having a double bowl undermount sink. The two sink bowls on the sides let you use the garbage disposal effectively while the sink bowl without disposer is ideal for stacking dirty dishes. You can soak the dishes and pans in the other bowl and wash them in another when you’re done disposing of the waste. Here, Kraus KBU24 double bowl undermount kitchen sink features two bowls of different sizes.
The 60/40 split basin adds flexibility for a variety of kitchen tasks. While you wash plates in the large basin, lay a roll-top dish rack over other for convenient dish drying. And not to look for basic accessories any further as Kraus includes dual stainless steel bottom grids, a basket strainer, and a drain assembly. Speaking of the grid, each bottom grid is cushioned by a soft protective bumper to prevent scratching. It also protects the stainless steel sink base from thermal damage.
Mounting Kraus KBU24 is very easy although it is a double bowl kitchen sink. All mounting hardware is provided for DIY installation. However, if you’ve never done sink mounting before, it is better to call an expert. Yes, the professional will cost a little but it is better than installing a dented sink that is not covered in the warranty. Besides that, Kraus undermount double bowl sink is certified and listed by UPC, IPC, ANSI, IAPMO, and SCC. So quality is surely not an issue with KBU24.
- Sound insulated with thick rubber dampening pads
- Corrosion and rust-resistant surface
- Includes all mounting hardware for easy installation
- Meticulous finishing process on the corrosion-resistant surface ensures years of protection from rust and oxidation
- Commercial-grade satin finish looks beautiful as well as is easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Both the sinks are treated with protective stone guard coating which reduces condensation under the kitchen cabinets
- It’s hard to fit wide baking sheets or frypans due to divided basins
- 32 x 20.6 x 9 inches
- 2 basins
- 16-gauge stainless steel
- Satin finish
- Soundproofing technology
- 3-piece basket drainer set
- Limited lifetime warranty
4) Kraus Standart PRO 33-inch Undermount 60/40 Double Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Modern kitchens need a beautiful and quality product like Kraus Standart Pro. This 33-inch modern kitchen sink with double bowls is perfect for busy kitchens. The smooth edges integrate seamlessly with your kitchen countertop resulting in a clean and easy to clean counter. Besides, we love the use of high-grade materials used to make this Kraus double bowl kitchen sink. The T304 stainless steel in TRU16 real 16-gauge offers excellent strength.
Both the basins have rear set drains that for more usable space underneath the sink. The size of the sinks are not similar, one measures 429 mm while the other one is 327 mm long. You can install garbage disposal under the large sink and use the small kitchen sink for soaking up dirty plates and bowls. This way you can do both the activities, waste disposal, and utensil cleaning smoothly.
Engineered groove on both the basins directly water to the drain hole. The grooves are not too deep nor too shallow but perfect to hold all your delicate utensils flat while directing water towards the drain. Speaking of the drain, Kraus Standart Pro 33-inch kitchen sink offers drain assembly with a strainer. This steel strainer catches the large food particles and prevents the pipe from clogging.
- Thick rubber sound-dampening pads cover 80% of sink base to absorb noise and vibration while you clean dishes
- Resilient stainless steel construction
- Best-in-industry T304 stainless steel construction shows superior resistance to rust and corrosion
- Rear set drains for more workspace
- A quality undermount stainless steel sink for your modern kitchen
- Oversize double bowl sink is perfect for multi-tasking, soaking, and washing pots and pans
- Relatively no downside
- 32-3/4″ L x 19″ W x 10″ D
- 2 basins
- Commercial-grade satin finish
- 1.5 mm thick steel
- Channel grooves
- Sound-absorbing pads
- Limited lifetime warranty
5) Kraus KBU14 31-1/2 inch Undermount Single Bowl 16-gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Bring home the perfect combination of style and durability by installing KBU14 Kraus single bowl kitchen sink. The classic style of KBU14 is loved by many. It easily sits under the counter while generously curbed corners ease cleaning of the sink. Similar to many other Kraus stainless steel sinks, this 31-1/2 inch model also constructed from extra-tough T304 stainless steel. This material is known for its exceptional resistance to rust and corrosion. Your classic kitchen sink will not fade away even on regular use.
Kraus rectangular kitchen sink is extremely easy to install because of single bowl design and of course gentle curves. You’ll not have to look for any tools separately as it already includes mounting hardware necessary for proper mounting. Besides, instead of channel grooves, Kraus KBU14 has a slightly sloped design. This smooth and slight sloppy design looks clean as well as holds all your delicate utensils upright while directing the water towards the drain. The design is great for wine glasses and other glassware that requires utmost care while in the sink.
Sound is common while washing utensils as they bump against each other. But the annoying part is when loud sound generates while keeping utensils in the kitchen sink. This happens because of thin steel construction. But thanks to NoiseDefend soundproofing technology that covers 80% of sink base with thick rubber pads. These pads absorb the sound while you throw in or wash plates so you can work in a peaceful environment.
- Best rated stainless steel undermount kitchen sink for residential use
- Comes with basket strainer, bottom grid, and Kraus towel
- Gently sloped bottom allows for easy drainage
- In addition to thick rubber pads, there’s a non-toxic undercoating for added insulation
- A classic addition to your beautiful kitchen
- If not stainless steel, you can choose from scratch-resistant or white undermount kitchen sink that blends perfectly with your interior
- Note: Little scratch marks are common with stainless steel finish if you put utensils directly on the sink surface
- 31-1/2″ x 18-3/8″ x 10″
- Single bowl
- 16 gauge T304 stainless steel
- NoiseDefend technology
- Center drain
- Satin finish
- Limited Lifetime warranty
Kraus Sink an Faucet Overview – Video Tips
How much does a stainless steel kitchen sink cost?
Stainless steel kitchen sinks are typically less costly than ceramic ones. This is because you do not have to let the steel dry for days like ceramic. Only you need to set the design, mold steel that way and the bowl is ready to sell. A regular-sized stainless steel kitchen sink costs around $250-$550. But there are also high-end units with added features that cost more $1500.
A 22-gauge or 20-gauge steel is affordable than 18-gauge and 16-gauge. If you’re tight on budget then go for higher gauge steel while 16-gauge steel offers the best performance but with an added cost.
Undermount Vs Overmount Sink
A comparison between undermount and overmount sink is a must when it comes to buying a new sink for your kitchen. Obviously, as you wish to fix the best sink that is both beautiful and functional. A brief comparison of both popular styles will help you decide which kitchen sink type is the best according to your need.
Undermount Kitchen Sink:
- These beautiful units enhance the look of your kitchen.
- No exposed corners mean no stuck food particles or bacterial growth.
- Heavier construction than overmount which makes them durable for years.
- You can direct the countertop waste right into the undermount sink as there is no hindrance in between.
- Undermount sinks are expensive
- They are heavy and are best installed by a professional. Also, their slightly lower installation decreases the cabinet space below.
Overmount Kitchen Sink:
- If you’re looking for good quality, affordable kitchen sink then overmount units are the best.
- They are easy to install, plus, leaves good space below for sink accessories attachment.
- Overmount designs are best for a marble countertop that helps to hold the corners securely in place.
- They do not look good on high-end countertop material like marble.
- Food getting stuck on corners is the worst thing about overmount sinks. The humidity and warmth in those corners lead to mold and bacterial growth which can prove harmful to health.
Do you need a special faucet for an undermount sink?
Undermount kitchen sinks go best with high-arc faucets. The reason why you should choose a high-arc design or pull-down faucet is because of the good depth of an undermount sink. A pulldown faucet will cause fewer splatters on the kitchen countertop, plus, you can pull the head down for more effective rinsing. If you’ve decided the best undermount sink then its time to check the best pulldown faucet collection.
But the question is, do you need to drill any holes or buy a special faucet for an undermount sink? No, you don’t as all units come with either 1-hole or 3-hole installation. Also, they provide you with an optional deck plate for flawless faucet installation. While there are no special measures to take, it is better to double-check the dimensions.
Measure the countertop space from front to back wall and note down the clearance space. Now check the dimensions of faucet you chose for installation. There should be a 1.5 to 2-inch gap between the wall and faucet for easy installation and functioning. If you wish to install a deck plate, then do check its length and width before installation. A proper measurement will cause you fewer troubles while installing a faucet on the undermount kitchen sink.
Now the trend is shifting towards undermount kitchen sinks due to their streamlined look and better quality. But the main advantage of undermount sinks over drop-in is the extra countertop space it provides. With undermount sinks, there is no exposed edge where usually water stands and small food particles get stuck. Plus, you can directly drop in the water and food into the sink while cleaning countertops. And Kraus undermount stainless steel kitchen sinks are known for their solid durability and smart designs. So increase your countertop space and reduce clutter by installing the best Kraus kitchen sink.