A kitchen is a place in the home where you need a constant supply of water. And why not, after all, we wash vegetables there, do the dishes and sometimes bath a baby in the sink. All these activities need one thing in common and that is pure water. And under sink water filters are a new trend that supplies filtered water instantly.
Unlike reverse osmosis, widely known as RO, you do not need to wait long for freshwater supply. A good quality product like iSpring under sink water filter supplies filtered water on the go. And the flow of water is very good as compared to RO.
Besides, tankless under sink water filters do not need any wastewater connection separately as there is no wastewater generation. Thus, which eases installing under sink water filter by yourself. And as these units are designed to fit under the sink, they are relatively small in size. While the water filtration unit with a tank is big in size.
Located in Alpharetta, Georgia, iSpring expertise in making reverse osmosis water filters. The company is now 2 decades old and aims to provide high-quality drinking water for all(1). They make products for both residential and commercial use. These products include RO systems, whole house water filtration, ultrafiltration, shower, countertop filters, and much more.
So keeping their quality and service in mind, today we’re here with best iSpring under sink water filter reviews. All of them feature a reverse osmosis system which is a specialized field of iSpring. So check them out and install the best model under your kitchen sink for the instant flow of drinking water.
Best Under Sink Water Filters for Your Kitchen by iSpring
|iSpring RCC7AK||6 Stage (RO)|
|iSpring RCC7||5 Stage (RO)|
|iSpring RCC7AK-UV||7 Stage (RO)|
|iSpring RCC7P||5 Stage (RO)|
|iSpring RCC7P-AK||6 Stage (RO)|
Here are our top picks and RO reviews which you can install under your kitchen cabinets or sink for easy access to clean and safe drinking water.
1) iSpring RCC7AK Under Sink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter That Removes Fluoride and Chlorine
Excellent performance of iSpring RCC7AK 6-stage under sink water filter is simply unbeatable. This unit is capable of removing up to 99% of impurities. Therefore, which includes chlorine, fluoride, asbestos, calcium, sodium, bacteria, viruses, etc. Such a solid removal of contaminants makes it an ideal under sink mounted water filter for areas with poor quality water supply.
Water passing through any regular filter removes contaminants but makes water a bit acidic in taste. If you’re sensitive with the taste of water then RCC7AK iSpring reverse osmosis water filter system is a great help. While the first 5 stages filter out the fluid, last or the 6th stage restores healthy minerals. This process removes acidic odor from fluid and promotes a more natural taste of water.
This iSpring water filer under $200 not only offers a 6-stage filtration system but also includes a European style high spout faucet. 14 oz faucet is made from a lead-free brass body that will not lose its color or crack within a few months of use. In fact, the brushed nickel is spot-resistant, easy to clean and install.
The presence of GAC and CTO filters before the CTO filter is they are better at trapping large contaminants and removing microorganisms. This leaves only small particles to the CTO carbon block filter. As a result, both the RO membrane and CTO filter lasts for a long time providing maximum efficiency.
- Removes 1000 different kinds of contaminants
- Alkaline remineralization stage(AK) stage improves the taste of fluid
- The whole system is backed by a 1-year money-back guarantee
- Quiet and low maintenance unit
- Both GAC and CTO filters in the 2nd and 3rd stage provide extra layers of protection
- The RO membrane is capable of filtering 75 gallons per day which is enough for a large family
- Includes 4-color tubings and O-rings for a hassle-free installation
- Brushed nickel faucet with ceramic disk valve installs easily on your kitchen sink
- Excellent filtration makes it a top rated under sink water filter on Amazon with 1500+ positive reviews
- The 6 filters along with tank will occupy good space under the kitchen sink
- Generation of wastewater is high than pure water(3:1)
2) iSpring RCC7 Review – Under Sink Drinking Water Filtration System and Ultimate Water Softener
RCC7 series from iSpring has always remained favorite on the buyer’s list. So here comes another iSpring RCC7 high capacity under sink RO water filter with 5 stage filtration. These 5 filter sets include PP sediment, GAC granular activated carbon, CTO carbon block pre-filter, RO membrane, and an inline post carbon filter.
The first 3 stages remove dirt, dust, odor, and harmful chemicals from the fluid. Whereas, the last two stages ensure the removal of possible residual taste and produce bottled quality drinking water. It is important to note that, high-throughput RCC7 membrane is rated for up to 75 gallons per day(GPD). Thus, which makes the unit perfect for large families and small commercial kitchen.
While many units need to be installed only by an expert, you can easily install the iSpring under sink water filter RCC7 by yourself. Thanks to its push to connect fittings and color-coordinated tubings that simplify the installation process. If you find any difficulties while installation, view their video or call the customer support service.
- Filter tank and tubings comply with NSF/ANSI standards
- Cheap under sink water filter as compared to 6 stage
- Includes a lead-free, solid brass faucet with a brushed nickel finish that mounts easily on the counter
- Replacement filters are easily available online or any local store
- The 75-gallon-per-day capacity of RO membrane is larger than most in class products of the similar price range
- Provides crisp-tasting, bottles quality water at home
- Output lines can also be connected to your ice or coffee maker
- It is a simple DIY install unit
- The flow of water is low, near around 0.5 gallons per minute
3) iSpring RCC7AK-UV Review – 7-Stage Under-Sink RO Water Filtration System and UV Sterilizer
If you feel like local water supply in your home smells acidic then you must check for ppm with a TDS tester. And if the tester shows ppm reading above 500 mg/L, the maximum concentration levels set by EPA for drinking water, then its time to install a good quality water filter. Even if the meter shows 100 to 98 ppm that is common in city tap water, you must install a filtration system to avoid health issues.
The iSpring 7 stage water filtration system ensures you get high quality, bottled drinking water every time. Credit for such water quality goes to its ultra-safe reverse osmosis(RO) system that removes up to 99% of over 1000 harmful contaminants. These include chlorine, fluorine, lead, hormones, asbestos, viruses, pollutants, etc. Thus, you’ll get pure drinking water at last that tastes natural.
While the first 5 stages of water filter effectively remove contaminants, pollutants, and impurities, additional 2 stages make water healthier. The 6th stage known as the Alkaline restoration stage restores healthy minerals that balances the taste of the fluid. As a result, the taste of water is similar to that of packed bottled drinking water.
Then there’s an advanced UV sterilization stage that uses UV light to kill 99.99% of germs that are common in contaminated water. This filter is very useful if you use water sources like well, lakes, and streams. iSpring’s unique smart flow sensor switch turns on the on and off with a 3-minute delay. This turning the UV light on and off ensures maximum efficiency and long life of the UV lamp.
- Best under sink water filter for well water and other such water sources
- 6th stage or AK filter adds back healthy minerals like magnesium that are essential for the human body
- Powerful 11-watt sterilization lamp kills tiny microorganisms that are common in well water
- Comes with complete pre-filter housing and wrench for proper DIY installation at home
- Includes a durable European-style faucet that blends well with your European style kitchen
- The RO filter successfully removes contaminants down to as low as 0.0001 micros
- A fine GAC filter, last stage of the system filters out remaining particulates before passing water to the faucet
- The calcite portion of AK filter neutralizes the pH of the fluid
- 7 filters along with a tank will require good space under the sink for proper installation
- Bit expensive
4) iSpring RCC7P Boosted Performance Under Sink Water Filtration System with Pump and Water Softener
Low water pressure from the source results in a slow output of water. Often, low pressure damages the motor which leads to annoying noise while you turn the machine on. And if you face a similar problem then its time to upgrade your old system with iSpring RCC7P under sink reverse osmosis drinking water filtration system.
Many buyers often ask the difference between RCC7 and RCC7P. Here the P stands for the pump. This iSpring system contains an additional booster pump to address the problem of low water pressure at the source. Then the pump brings the pressure at an ideal level which then passes to the RO membrane. As a result, it elongates the efficiency of the motor as well as maintains a constant flow rate.
Hard water has many disadvantages. Not only hard water bad to drink but it also affects the skin and causes hair to fall. If your municipal area supplies hard water then not to worry as RCC7P solves the issue of both dirty water filtration and hard water. The ultimate water softener turns the hard water into soft water that is easy to digest and good for the skin.
- The iSpring RCC7P under sink water filter lowers the drain ratio to 1:1.5
- Booster pump helps to produce pure water more quickly and efficiently with 50% less water wastage
- Includes a durable $45 value faucet
- Comes with spare O-rings and fittings for emergency
- 2-way feed water adapter fits both 1/2″ and 3/8″ cold water line
- A leak stopper will stop the flow of water if it comes in contact with the pulp
- Best under cabinet water filter by iSpring for a household with water pressure below 40 psi.
- The electric booster pump turns itself on and off automatically, thus, lowers your water bill
- Not suitable to use for well water
5) iSpring RCC7P-AK 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Filtration System For Under Sink Area
Working of an under sink water filter is common in the majority of the units. Water first passes through initial stages where contaminants, dirt, calcium, etc, filters out and then pass to the kitchen faucet. But many iSpring water filters provide an additional stage wherein essential minerals and calcium are stored back. This process balances the taste of water but at the same time, it increases the TDS level.
To overcome the problem of ppm after filtration, iSpring RCC7P-AK features both the booster pump and an alkaline remineralization stage. The electric booster pump is perfect for households where water pressure is low, below 40 psi. This pump brings pressure to an ideal level that not only produces pure water more quickly but also reduces wastage. And the best part is, the motor does its job quietly.
Once the system operates under ideal pressure, it takes less time to fill the water tank. Where a standard RO system takes nearly 2 hours, this iSpring 6-stage under sink reverse osmosis fills tank under an hour. Also, the TDS count remains low even after the addition of essential minerals to the filtered water.
On the other hand, the AK filter ensures to bring back the taste of water. When the fluid passes through 5 stages of filtration it gets slightly acidic that many people find uncomfortable to drink. But the additional sixth stage of iSpring RCC7P-AK adds mineral back that results in high-quality packed drinking water.
- The booster pump maintains the pressure of water as well as fills the tank in less time
- The filtration system in combination with a pump and alkaline remineralization ensures lower TDS count
- Good production speed and less drain(1:1.5)
- High capacity reverse osmosis removes up to 98% of lead
- The end result is high quality, great-tasting drinking water
- Clear see-through 1st stage housing makes filter inspection a snap
- All parts of iSpring RCC7P-AK comply with FDA standard and NSF/ANSI standards
- Not recommended for well, lake or stream water
How do you install a water filter under the sink?
From plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, learn how to add under sink filters to your water faucets.
How to Replace Your RO iSpring Six Stage Water Filters
Here is a simple step-by-step video tutorial on how to change your water filters in under sink filtration system.
What is Reverse Osmosis Water Filteration System?
RO water purifier systems are common in households and offices but only a few people know the actual working. The water filtration process of RO is not as complicated as the machine looks. When you turn the tap or switch it on the water enters the machine. A semi-permeable membrane removes the impurities from the water before passing the water to the next stage. Here impurities mean saltwater, molecules, fluoride, chlorine, etc.
Generally, a reverse osmosis water filtration system has many stages. After filtration, the liquid finally passes the final stage. Here, the polishing of fluid takes place that helps to make the water drinkable. The number of post-filters varies according to RO models.
Does RO water taste differently?
An impure glass of water will surely taste different from filtrated RO water. This is because impurities like sodium and magnesium make the fluid taste like saltwater. Some people have even reported their unfiltered water has a metallic taste. To keep the body well hydrated and stay away from deadly diseases you must always drink purified or filtered water. And RO systems are best in filtering out impurities.
Once these impurities get filtered out, the fluid generally is tasteless. But you can sense a hint of minerals if your RO water filtration system comprises of water polishing stages. In addition to removing impurities, the RO filters also take away the odor. This leaves you with light, odorless, and tasteless water that is perfect for drinking and cooking. In short, RO water does not taste pure.
How long does iSpring water filter or purifier last?
Life of your iSpring water filter depends upon several factors. And these factors include, how often you use the filter, local water supply, type of model, etc. Even after considering all the factor no one can surely tell how last your iSpring water filter can last. Apart from external factors, the internal parts of the iSpring filter also play a major role in determining its lifespan.
Cartridges are the one that needs to be replaced after some while to ensure the proper functioning of the system. Generally, they have a lifespan of 6 to 12 months depending on your use. They are easy to replace at home and are inexpensive. Besides the cartridge, the tank of the purifier needs replacement. But not to worry as tasks have a great lifespan than cartridges. iSpring tank lasts up to 4-10 years before replacement.
But if you’re worried about the lifespan of RO water filters then go for a large unit than smaller ones. This is because they have great filtration capacity and studies show that they last longer than compact filters.
- Top 5 Pull Down Kitchen Faucets
- Top 10 Kitchen Farmhouse Sink
- 5 Best Double Bowl Undermount Kitchen Sink
Water scams in headlines have made water filters a necessity for both home and commercial use. While water looks crystal clear but in reality, it may contain thousands of bacteria and contaminants. And drinking such water will affect our health in numerous ways. So instead of boiling water every time, install iSpring under sink water filter that is budget-friendly, easy to install, and offers excellent performance. With iSpring water filter, you will feel the pure natural taste of water in every sip.