Avocado toast is so trendy for many reasons. And if your mornings are incomplete without a hearty healthy breakfast then you’ll love avocado toast. Making an avocado toast at home is super easy. And the best part is, you don’t need to feel guilty about calories or fat with this breakfast.
So let us show you the best avocado toast recipe.
Avocado Toast Recipe(Healthy)
The first thing to do before toasting your bread slices is to prepare the avocadoes.
Make sure to pick fresh and ripe avocadoes to make the best-tasting avocado toast. Choosing a stiff or unripe fruit might make the toast taste bitter.
Check for the tips down the recipe that will help you make perfect avocado toast at home every time. For now, let us give you the magical recipe.[Note: The below recipe is for 2 servings*]
Ingredients you’ll Need:
- ½ avocado
- Kosher or sea salt
- 2 slices of bread(whole grain if possible)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Few red chili flakes or black pepper powder for topping
- Toast the bread slices in your toaster oven while you mash the avocado. You can apply a layer of butter or olive oil while toasting slices for a rich feel.
- In a bowl, add the avocado, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mash the avocado using a fork such that all the ingredients combine well.
- By now, the slices must be well-toasted. Take them out of your toaster oven and spread a generous layer of the mashed avocado mixture on top.
- Sprinkle chili flakes or pepper powder for a spicy twist. You can also drizzle a little bit of extra virgin olive oil for a creamy feel.
- Enjoy the toast as a whole or cut it into 2 small portions using a sharp kitchen knife.
Tips and tricks to make your avocado toast more tasty and healthy:
- Choose whole-grain bread instead of all-purpose flour bread. And if you like bread so much I would suggest investing in a good home bread-making machine. This way you can control the amount of sugar and preservatives that go in while baking bread.
- Use a little bit of salt while making avocado toast. This will enhance the flavor of the bread and make it more delicious. Use Himalayan salt or Pink salt as a healthier alternative to table salt.
- You can add herbs like dill, basil, or marjoram for a hint of freshness.
- Preheat your toaster oven for 5-8 minutes before toasting bread slices for that extra crispiness.
- Cut out the portion of avocadoes with black or brown dots using your kitchen knife.
- Drizzle a little bit of honey on top when serving avocado toast to kids. This will give a zest of sweetness but with no bad calories.
1. Can you put an egg on your avocado toast?
Eggs on avocado toast are a great combination if you wish to level up your protein intake. Be it sunny side up, scrambled, hard-boiled, or poached, eggs are a great combination with avocadoes on bread. You can also top the eggs with lemon for fresh zest or a few drops of hot sauce for a spicy twist.
2. Is avocado toast healthier than peanut butter toast?
While both are rich foods, peanut butter has almost 3.5x the calories of avocado. So if you’re on a calorie check avocado toast is no doubt one of the healthiest options for breakfast. Also, avocado is naturally rich in healthy fats and carries a wide source of vitamins. You can use a breakfast sandwich maker to combine all of it to speed up the morning chores.
3. What drink goes with avocado toast?
Pair your avocado toast with morning coffee. This is a great classic combination. But if you’re not much of a caffeine fan then make lemonade with it. Or green tea is good to go with avocado toast for a healthier alternative.
Avocado toast is everyone’s favorite. They are easy to make, nutrition-rich, and most importantly tasty to have for breakfast. And now that you’ve got the best avocado toast recipe, I am sure you’ll make delicious breakfast for yourself and your loved ones. Do mention other variations of avocado toast worth trying in the comment section below.