Be it commercial or residential, every kitchen has a cutting board. As they are common in households, the chopping board comes in various sizes and shapes for comfortable chopping. The material can be plastic, wood, or bamboo. And today we’ll be discussing acacia wood cutting board. But before beginning with reviews let us find out whether acacia wood cutting board is good to use or not.
Is Acacia Wood Good for Cutting Board
Acacia wood is native to Australia. But now they are common in many parts of Africa, Asia, America, Pacific rim. Thanks to its increasing popularity. But people opt for acacia wood without even knowing its properties. No doubt, there must be something good about acacia wood that made it so popular as wood for furniture.
First of all, acacia wood is naturally smooth. It will not cause splinters within a short time of use like pine wood. Also, the shine of wood increases by polishing the surface. And who doesn’t love to have furniture that looks shiny new for years and years?
The appearance of wood is the main thing that attracts many of us. While some wood looks dull, the natural wood grain color of acacia is really attractive. You might not need to color or stain the wood as the simple polish is enough to give it a new shiny look.
Acacia’s great resistance to water makes it the best wood for cutting board. Besides, it shows fewer scratch marks as compared to a plastic chop board. The wood does not splinter or fade even if you cut juicy and acidic foods like tomato, lemons, oranges, etc. Such high water-resistant property has made acacia wood best for kitchen use. You may see acacia wood food bowls, serving tray, and other such kitchenware.
Best Acacia Wood Cutting Board
|Winsome Cutting Board||1.5 Inch||16"x12"|
|Ironwood Gourmet 28217||1.25 Inch||20" x 14"|
|ZESPROKA Thick Acacia||Set of 3||16” x 12”|
|Home Hero Large Board||1.5 Inch||18x14"|
|Architec Gripperwood||1 Inch||12"X16"|
All such qualities of acacia make it the best wood to use for a cutting board. And the below reviews will help you find the right unit for your kitchen.
1) Large Reversible Multipurpose Thick Acacia Wood Cutting Board
If quality is your topmost priority then this large reversible multipurpose acacia wood cutting board is for you. It measures 1.5-inch thick that provides solid stability while you chop or slice ingredients. Whereas, the inner handle of the butcher block provides a comfortable grip for easy handling of the board. Also, the weight of the chopping board is hardly 7 lbs which makes it easy to lift to drop ingredients directly into the pan.
Reverse the unit to turn it into a charcuterie board. This reverse side is perfect to serve cheese and meat or use it as a fresh organic vegetable platter. A built-in well is perfectly sized to hold crackers and sliced baguettes with dips on the flat side. Thus, the versatility of the board makes it a must-have tool in your kitchen.
Tomatoes, oranges, cucumber and other similar foods release juices when cut. And if not properly directed, the juice mixes with other ingredients on boards as well as creates a mess on the countertop if it goes down. But thanks to deep juice grooves of Sounder Los Angeles acacia wood board that catches excess liquid. Therefore, which makes the unit perfect for carving grilled brisket, beef, pork, etc.
- Eco-friendly FSC certified acacia wood from 100% sustainable plantations
- Includes a beautiful gift box to gift the unit to your loved one
- Turn on to the other side to use the recessed channel for serving and entertaining
- Meets all US safety standards
- One of the best wood cutting board under $50
- Thick 1.5-inch material with inner handles
- Chop mess-free with Sonder acacia wood cutting board as its deep juice groove holds liquid well
- Comes with an insert card with instructions on cleaning and care
- Not designed to hold hot pots and dishes
2) Ironwood Gourmet 28217 Large Charleston End Grain Prep Station, Acacia Wood
Beautiful and large, the Ironwood Gourmet Charleston end grain prep station is just perfect for your modern kitchen. It is not only attractive to look at but highly durable. The credit behind the durability goes to end grain wood that minimizes wear and tear on both cutlery and board. Therefore, you will not observe that ugly cut marks from your sharp knife on the chopping board even after daily use.
Soft rounded edge ensures user safety. Whereas, the large surface of the unit lets you chop and keep aside multiple ingredients. So instead of storing chopped ingredients n separate bowls, you can simply keep it on the block. Thus, saves your bowl and reduces cleaning time.
Speaking of cleaning, it is extremely easy to clean this acacia wood cutting board. Simply wash it with lukewarm soapy water and air dry. Doing so will wash off bacteria and smell from the surface. You can even use the board as a serving tray to serve cheese and meat along with wine. Thanks to natural contrasting patterns that give a fabulous look to the unit.
- The unit serves as a prep station, cutting, and serving board
- The surface remains unscarred no matter you any knife
- Wash the board with warm soapy water and give a good rinse, your wood board is all clean ad hygienic for future use
- End grain wood minimizes wear and tear
- Natural contrasting patterns enhance the beauty of the unit
- Smooth edges
- Large chopping surface does not need frequent emptying
- Absence of rubber bumpers on base might make it difficult to lift
3) ZESPROKA Thick Acacia Wood Cutting Board with Juice Drip Groove, Set of 3
If you’re looking for a good quality product under budget then the Zesproka acacia chopping board is perfect. Unlike a single unit, it comes in a set of three. While the large cutting board measures 16 x 12 x 0.6 inches, the smallest one measure 12 x 8 x 0.6 inches. And then there’s mid-size acacia board that is good enough for regular use. And the best thing is all these three wooden cutting boards are under $50.
Similar to the above products, you can also use Zesproka thick acacia wood cutting board as a serving tray. The natural color and pattern of acacia wood will impress your friends and family. Moreover, the thick wood is suitable for heavy-duty tasks including chopping of vegetables, fruits, and meat. Your sharp knife will not leave ugly marks even if you apply little more pressure while cutting hard-skinned foods.
Say goodbye to messy kitchen countertop as juice drip groove all around the chopping block prevents liquid from dripping down. This, in turn, lets you cut juicy food like tomatoes, beetroot, cucumber, etc with ease. Plus, it comes in 3 sizes to fit all the ingredients properly.
- You get 3 beautiful wooden cutting boards for the price of one
- Built-in juice drip groove catches excess liquid ad prevents spills
- Perfect gift for housewarming parties, weddings, and get-togethers
- Doubles as a serving tray
- Easy to store and use
- The unit remains stable while chopping to avoid injury
- The 0.6-inch thickness of all three blocks is just up to the mark
- No handle for proper lifting or serving
4) Large Wood Cutting Board with Handle – Best for Large Kitchen
Although cleaning the wood cutting board may sound easy, you need to take care of certain things. First, never put the wooden butcher block inside the dishwasher as it might splinter and dull the unit. And second, never use an abrasive metal scrubber to clean the surface as it will leave ugly scars. In order to ease clean up, Home Hero large wood cutting board with handle includes a wooden cleaning brush.
Soft bristles of the brush along with a comfortable holding grip let you wash the chopping surface easily. Not just that, the product also comes with 2 more bonus items. These include a cheese knife and knife sharpener. Therefore, you get a complete set under $50.
This double-sided acacia cutting board features one side perfect for chopping and dicing, whereas, the other one is ideal for serving. This reverse side features a divot on one end that holds crackers. You can even convert this side as a deluxe charcuterie board to serve cooked meat. No matter what purpose you use the unit it will give excellent performance.
- Large butcher block style unit provides stability while chopping, cutting, slicing and shredding ingredients
- Deep grooves around edge collect juice coming off the food
- Comes with 3 bonus items, cheese knife, 2-stage knife sharpener, and a wooden cleaning brush
- Intended handles on either side provide grip for easy carrying and serving
- Divot on the other side of the wooden board is perfect for serving and holding your cut foods
- The main unit comes in a beautiful packing
- The wooden board comes with an oil finish that doesn’t need to be oiled regularly
- Heavy unit
5) Architec Gripperwood Acacia Cutting Board, Non-Slip Gripper Feet, 12″ by 16″
Slipping of the board while chopping or slicing food can be dangerous. And if you also experience slipping off the board then it’s time to replace your old unit with Architec acacia cutting board. This cheap yet sturdy unit is worth every single penny. Although it does not provide features like a high-end model it serves the purpose just right. You can use the product hassle-free for everyday chopping.
The 1-inch thickness of the Architec Gripperwood is good enough for stability while chopping ingredients. But keeping the safety of users in mind, this acacia cutting board features non-slip gripper feet. These foot pads are permanently integrated into the bottom of the unit. Also, no toxic glue is used to stick the feet. Therefore, you can say your cutting block is free from harmful chemicals.
- Made from the highest quality acacia wood, it stands as the best acacia wood cutting board under $50
- Natural grain color of the wood enhances the appearance of the unit
- Gripfeet pads on the bottom keep the cutting block steady while you use it
- Integrated handle eases serving and storage
- Low maintenance product
- Lightweight, easy to handle and wash
- No juice grooves
- Need to apply food-safe mineral oil occasionally for best performance
6) Sonder Los Angeles Multipurpose Acacia Wood Cutting Board
Functional and affordable, Sonder large multipurpose acacia wood cutting board is perfect for your kitchen. Measuring 16x12x1.5 inches, the board is ideal to chop and keep a good quantity of food on board. Besides, the unit features a built-in well on one side that is ideal to hold chopped veggies, fruits, or meat. Or you can also use the grooved section to keep crackers, sliced baguette, etc, and turn your regular block into a charcuterie board. Thus, perfect for entertaining guests.
Thickness plays a vital role in determining the longevity of any wooden chopping board. And thankfully, Sonder reversible acacia wood cutting board measures 1.5 inches thick that provides maximum stability while chopping thick chunks of meats or removing off bones from chicken/fish. Once the chopping work is done, simply grab the unit by its inner handle to wash, serve or store it safely.
- Features a signature built-in well that is perfectly sized to hold crackers and other small items
- Finished with a groove around the edge to catch excess juice or liquids
- Inner handle to carry and serve comfortably
- An impressive thickness of 1.5 inches is safe to cut dense meat or remove bones from chicken
- Crafted from eco-friendly FSC certified acacia wood; 100% sustainable plantations
- Backed by 1-year of free replacement on manufacturing defect
- The best reversible cutting board featured on many popular review sites
- Needs frequent maintenance; apply food-grade mineral oil every 3-4 weeks
- Some buyers have complained about minor blemishes
7) Home Hero Vegetable Chopping Board with Handle, Acacia Wood
A good quality chopping board and knife are indispensable parts of any kitchen. And you need to select both these vital items carefully for flawless cooking. If you’re looking for a quality butcher block for your kitchen then Home Hero has a perfect product. This large wood cutting board with handles is excellent for chopping, mincing, dicing, charcuterie parties, and decoration. And thanks to its affordable price tag that makes it one of the best housewarming gift, mother’s day gift, or Christmas gift.
Just like the above reversible butcher block, this acacia wood board also measures 1.5-inch thick. The good thickness provides stability while chopping/cutting different ingredients. Besides, deep grooves around the edge catch excess juices/liquid coming off various ingredients. While there is a slim groove line on the sides, the corners are more wide and deep that collects liquid in place. This keeps your counter mess-free as well as eases disposal of waste.
- Comes with a bonus knife, 2-stage knife sharpener, and brush
- Includes a stylish gift box
- Reverse the board and you can use it as a deluxe charcuterie board or wooden cheese board
- Deep grooves hold a good quantity of liquid to keep your countertop mess-free
- Pocket-friendly price
- Use the wooden brush to clean the acacia wood board safely
- Best rated acacia wood cutting board for the money
- Lacks finishing on side handles and corner grooves
- Scratches easily
8) AIDEA Food Chopping Board with Handle, Set of 3
Bring back the elegant classic touch to your kitchen by buying Aidea wooden chopping board. Comes in a set of 3, these simple, smooth curved boards are 100% handcrafted from richly edge-grained acacia hardwood. So, each piece is unique and beautiful that upgrades the overall look of your kitchen space. Do not worry if there are minor differences in grain design as the product is handcrafted.
Despite a simple design, the board is reversible. While the plain, smooth side is great for cutting vegetables, fruits, meat, etc, the other side is suitable for serving bread, cheese, etc. However, it is important to note that none of the sides features a divot but you the large acacia board is great to use for food decoration and cheese board. The best thing about Aidea handmade wooden cutting boards is their cutout handle. This large cutout handle makes it extremely easy for the user to serve, clean, and store the board.
- Easy to clean; just handwash with lukewarm, soapy water to remove debris and then dry it thoroughly
- Rub some kosher salt and lemon on the board to get rid of the odd smell
- Comes in a set of three, Large(16x12x0.75 inches), Medium(15x10x0.75 inches) and Small(10x8x0.75 inches)
- Backed by a one-year warranty against any defective workmanship
- Food-safe lacquer top coated to protect the acacia wood board surface
- A best cheap set of acacia wood cutting boards ideal for home use
- No grooves or divot
- The top shiny coat scratches easily
9) SHAN ZU Multipurpose Thick Acacia Wood Cutting Board For Kitchen
The classy design of the Shan ZU acacia wood cutting board is ideal for everyday home use. Made from eco-friendly 100% natural acacia wood, the solid and thick construction of the unit is made to last for years. Unlike a majority of acacia wood cutting boards on the market, the design of this unit is quite different. Instead of a single deep divot, the Shan ZU multipurpose board features 3 separated dividers.
These three built-in dividers on the one side are ideal for temporarily storing the chopped food/ingredients. You can store meshed garlic, diced meat chunks, or simply shredded cabbage into the grooves. Apart from three dividers, the thick acacia cutting board also features deep juice grooves. This helps to keep the base dry and mess-free while chopping juicy ingredients like tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.
Four transparent rubber feet give better control while chopping. Not only does these silicone feet stabilize unit but also increases safety while you work with a razor-sharp knife. The non-slip feet are present on both the sides of the unit, i.e, the grooved one and the smooth side. In short, the unit is reversible for multi-uses.
- Solid built; can last for years with proper maintenance
- Equipped with 4 non-slip feet for stability and safety
- 3 built-in and separated dividers for proper storage of chopped/diced/minced ingredients
- Knife-friendly surface
- Reversible; both the sides are equipped with non-slip silicone feet
- 100% natural wood is hard, corrosion-resistant, mildew resistant, and water-resistant
- Best natural wood cutting board under $50
- Cleaning dividers can be time-consuming
- A bit heavy
10) Linoroso Round Cutting Board – Exquisite Non-Splicing Acacia Wood
Rectangle wood chopping boards are common in various households. And if you’re tired of using the same shape unit every time then it’s time to switch to Linoroso round cutting board. Measuring 12-inch in diameter, the round wooden board is made strictly from a selected one-piece, non-splicing acacia wood. So it is obvious to have unique patterns or end-grain designs on different units.
Also, each round block of acacia wood is handcrafted. Therefore, do not expect it to be perfectly round. the size might vary from 11-1/2″ to 12″. But this handcrafting is what makes the round block beautiful. Besides, the round shape makes the food served on it delicious. For example, you can serve pizzas, cupcakes, or all blocks of cheese on it, and it will all look appetizing.
- Non-splicing, ultra-thick one-piece block
- A natural, unique pattern on each piece
- Deep grooves on both sides
- Solid acacia wood is moisture-resistant
- Lightweight unit
- Best round acacia wood cutting board
- Glued sticker is difficult to take off smoothly
- Lacks rubber feet to hold the lightweight wood board in place
Is acacia wood good for a cutting board?
Undoubtedly, acacia wood makes a good cutting board. It is naturally shiny and can last for years with very little maintenance. Acacia is slightly dark in color and with time it gets even darker which looks absolutely beautiful. The rich grained dark wood and great texture look elegant in your kitchen.
The best thing about acacia is its end-grain arrangement. This means the wood is not soft to get deep cuts from kitchen knives. You can worry-free cut a number of ingredients on acacia cutting board. And simply apply oil over some time of use for best performance. In addition to retaining natural shine, a natural oil also kills bacteria on the surface.
Best oil for acacia wood cutting board
Wood does require a little maintenance for long-lasting performance. And the best oil for acacia wood cutting board is food-safe mineral oil. Mineral oil, often called liquid paraffin is colorless, flavorless odorless, and non-toxic liquid. It prevents water from entering into the wood which makes food-grade mineral oil a popular choice for oiling cutting block. But make sure to buy a food-safe mineral oil only as not all mineral oil are good for human consumptions. If in doubt, check out the best selling food-grade mineral oil below:
Mineral oil: Thirteen Chef’s Food Grade Mineral Oil
Applicator: Clark’s Oil & Wan Large Block Applicator
Does acacia wood dull knives?
Acacia is a hardwood which means the natural arrangement of its grains is close to each other. And such an end-grain structure resists water as well as holds natural oils. But a close end-grain arrangement can dull your sharp kitchen knife faster than other low-count end-grain structures. It means you need to sharpen your knife often if you use acacia wood cutting board daily to chop, dice, or shred ingredients.
Can you cut raw meat on a wooden cutting board?
Wooden boards are best to but are meats, poultry, and seafood. Select a nonporous wood for cutting them as the cuts will not penetrate deep into the surface. This prevents bacteria from thriving in the cuts. Plus, it also makes it safe for the user to cut other ingredients after chopping raw meat, fish, or poultry. A good practice is to wipe the wooden board with a warm towel after cutting meat or seafood. You can also wash it in the sink and dry it immediately for the next use.
Do I need to apply oil on the cutting board before using it?
Oil and wooden cutting board go hand in hand for the best, long-lasting usage. No matter whether it is acacia, bamboo, or chestnut, every type of wooden board needs proper oiling after a certain time. If you plan to use a wooden cutting board daily, then keep a good quality oil in your kitchen for proper maintenance.
You do not need to apply expensive food-grade mineral oil every time. Instead, you can rub almond or grapeseed oil on your wooden chopping board. These oils spread evenly on the board as well as are nonsticky. Avoid using castor or olive oil as both these oils are sticky and attract dirt and dust. And this defies the purpose of cleaning the board.
Always apply oil on the board after a thorough cleaning. And thorough cleaning does not mean popping your wooden board in the dishwasher. None of the wooden boards are dishwasher-safe so you must not even experiment with that. It is better to wash the board with natural ingredients, dry with paper towels, and oil at last. Give some time for the oil to dry completely before you take the board for the next use.
- 12 Best Vegetable Chopper Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- 7 Best Damascus Steel Chef Knife
- Top 5 Best Acacia Wood Coffee Table
- 5 Best Bamboo Bread Slicer for Homemade Bread Reviews
Cuttings board is a necessary object in most kitchens. And when we chop the food we’re about to eat on it, we want to make sure the material is natural and safe. Unlike cheap plastic boards, a wooden cutting board looks rich. And wood material like acacia is naturally beautiful, smooth, and water-resistant. Plus, they last long and look new for years if maintained properly. So upgrade your kitchen by buying the best acacia wood cutting board.