A coffee table adds character to your living room and is helpful in the decoration of the home. You’ll see many homes having one coffee table no matter small or big. While some prefer glass, others like a wood coffee table in their living room. So today we’re here with 5 best acacia wood coffee table reviews that are strong, beautiful and long-lasting.
Now the question arises why buy acacia wood when there are so many other wooden coffee tables available? This is because acacia wood is highly durable and water-resistant. Even if you do not coat the wood and use it in wet areas, it will stand up to 40 years. And who does not love to invest in a material that can last long with no extra efforts?
Apart from being highly water-resistant, acacia wood is naturally antibacterial. Also, it has a natural shine of the end grain that does not require artificial stain or color. Simply, coat it with suitable oil and your acacia wood coffee table will look like you bought just today.
Acacia wood shows similar properties to that of teak wood to a great extent(1). Both are considered hardwoods that can last for a lifetime with minimal maintenance. But the difference is of price. Acacia is less costly than teak wood which is perfect for buyers with a decent budget. Thus, decorate your home with a good quality acacia wood coffee table that is both beautiful and affordable.
1) Best Choice Products Living Room Acacia Wooden Cocktail Coffee Accent Table w/Sturdy Metal Legs, Bottom Shelf – Brown
Simple and practical, this rectangular coffee table with bottom shelf is perfect for your living room. A thick table on the top provides ample space to keep plates, beverages, glasses, etc. You can even decorate the top with flower vase and still have room to keep tv remote and coffee mugs. The acacia tabletop can hold up to 150 lbs of weight.
On the other hand, the industrial-inspired metal legs add stability and strength to the unit. Whereas, the footpads on the bottom of the metal legs ensure the floor or carpet does not get ugly scratches while the table moves. Below the thick tabletop, is a thin storage shelve. This shelve measures 39.5(L) x 21.25(W) x 12.75(H) inch that is ideal to keep newspaper, books, and magazines.
- Industrial-inspired metal legs with crossbar design for added stability and style
- Includes a shelve underneath that is perfect for keeping books and magazines
- Durable unit with a good weight capacity
- Comes with instructions for easy assembly
- Rubber foot pads prevent scratches or damaging indentations on your floor
- The natural color of the acacia wood blends well with various interior
- The wood is pretty rough and needs polishing on some areas
2) The Urban Port – Natural Brown Diamond Shape Acacia Wood Coffee Table With Smooth Top, Hexagon
Add elegance to your living room by placing The Urban Port modern coffee table. The diamond shape of the unit adds character to your living room or anywhere you place it. While the geometrical body features smooth curves, smooth top and bottom let you place the product smoothly. The width of the top is more than bottom which gives you enough space to keep coffee mugs, flower vase, and books.
The multi-functional hexagon coffee table is ideal for both residential and commercial use. Plus, it has no sharp corners or curved edges where dust can accumulate. So, therefore, you do not need to spend much time cleaning it. Simply wipe the surface with a soft dry cloth and it will remain shiny new for years to come. Apart from great looks, the Urban Port natural acacia coffee table offers a great weight limit. It can handle up to 400 lbs without cracking or breaking.
- Best coffee table for a modern interior, be it residential or commercial
- The natural brown color of the product adds warmth and style to the area
- Great weight holding capacity is safe to sit on
- The diamond shape in combination with a matte finish is simply amazing
- Smooth top lets you keep a number of decorative items
- An extremely durable coffee table that needs zero or very little maintenance
- This hexagonal table is available in 2 colors, natural brown and dark brown
- Very expensive
- You’ll need 2-3 people to move the table as it weighs nearly 46 pounds
3) Walker Edison Furniture Company Solid Acacia Wood Patio Coffee Table – Brown
The water-resistant property of acacia wood makes it an ideal material to make furniture. So on the list comes Walker Edison’s solid acacia coffee table that is perfect for outdoor use. This slatted rectangular unit looks well in the patio or gazebo with matching wooden chairs. It has a natural grain finish that does not require multiple coats of stain. Simply apply 1-2 layers of weather-resistant coat and the outdoor coffee table will last summers to come.
Below shelf with a slatted design is ideal for keeping outdoor stuff. A good clearance between the shelf and top lets you store tall items like baskets. It is spacious enough to accommodate several things. Besides, the acacia wood coffee table ships ready-to-assemble. You can finish putting its parts together under 30 minutes even if you haven’t assembled such a product before. Plus, it is not heavy to move around which eases storage indoors during harsh weather conditions.
- Solid acacia wood construction makes it the perfect patio coffee table
- Slatted design of the product blends well with similar pattern loveseats or patio chairs
- Easy to put together as the product ships easy-to-assemble
- Spacious storage shelf below
- Budget-friendly price tag
- Good clearance between tabletop and bottom shelf
- Height of the table matches with many standard size sofa that makes it an ideal indoor furniture
- Not recommended to keep outdoors during rough weather
- Corners are not very smooth which can be dangerous if you’ve kids
- Needs 3-4 coats of spar varnish before you use the coffee table outdoors
4) Azumaya Japan AZUMAYA Tray Edge Top Natural Acacia Wood Coffee Table
Want to decorate your small living room under budget? Then this natural acacia wood modern coffee table is for you. The solid acacia wood construction with a natural warm color brightens up space. The rectangular shape and size of the product are not too big nor too wide for your small apartment of the living room. Plus, it provides you ample space to keep your everyday items like books, remote, vase, etc. You can also use this acacia coffee table to keep plates and eat in front of the TV.
While the tabletop is smooth and shiny, the bottom shelf is slatted. And this design gives a rich modern look that is both easy to assemble and durable. Speaking of assembly, the Azumaya indoor coffee table requires some assembly. But not to worry as the product comes with physical instruction picture sheets for easy assembly. However, the instructions are all in Japanese so the pictured assembly will be helpful.
- Smooth, shiny edge tray-style tabletop
- No sharp corners make it safe for kids and pets
- Natural acacia wood that suits modern and contemporary home decors
- Storage shelf below is ideal to keeps books, magazines, and other such stuff
- Easy to put the unit together with the help of pictures on assembly booklet
- Similar color hardware does not make the product feel cheap
- Wide tabletop lets you keep multiple items
- Less weight capacity(50 lbs) of the tabletop is not safe for an adult to sit
- Assembly instructions are in Japanese
5) Simpli Home AXCMON-02 Monroe Solid Acacia Wood 38 inch Wide Square Rustic Coffee Table in Distressed Charcoal Brown
The square rustic coffee table by Simpli Home is perfect for small living rooms. Unlike round or rectangle, it is a square table that blends well with almost all types of decor be it traditional, modern or contemporary. And thanks to distressed charcoal brown color of acacia wood that does not show tea or coffee marks. Whereas, antique brass finish hardware gives a timeless look to the product. You’ll surely get a bundle of compliments from your friends and family.
This square coffee table with drawers provides a practical storage solution. It features 2 large drawers and a spacious open shelf. While a closed drawer is perfect to keep remote, watch, and other personal stuff, the open shelf lets you decorate the coffee table with display units. Besides, the folding drawers pull out easily with the hardware that matches just perfectly with the dark acacia wood coffee table.
- Handcrafted with solid acacia wood
- Rich brown finish that blends well with a variety of indoor decor
- Shaker style panel and post style legs together created a timeless look
- The folding drawer pulls easily with an antique brass hardware
- Wide and open storage shelf beneath lets you keep bulky items like newspapers, magazines, etc
- Premium NC lacquer coating keeps the wooden coffee table shiny new for years
- Wipe the surface with a soft dry cloth to remove dirt and dust
- Backed by a 1-year warranty
- Can last a lifetime with minimal to zero maintenance
- The unit weighs 70 pounds that will need at least 2 people to move to shift
- Important and handcrafted acacia wood is the reason behind an expensive price tag
Where to keep a coffee table?
A coffee table is mainly kept in the living room of the house either to finish decor of the room or to keep daily use things. But thanks to the elegant look and strength of acacia wood coffee table that is ideal for both residential and commercial use. Some people also use wooden units in the study room to keeps books or decorative stuff. Whereas some coated acacia wood coffee tables are best for outdoor use.
Is acacia wood good for furniture?
Acacia wood makes great furniture for multiple parts of the home. You can use it for making dining tables, chairs, beds, coffee tables, etc. The main reason for using acacia is its natural polish. When you cut the tree, you can see a natural shine. Also, it leaves behind a sweet smell which makes it favorable to make furniture.
The trees of acacia grow at a fast rate which is another main reason to use in making furniture. Many people buy them only because of the rapid growth that does not account for natural vegetation majorly. The natural color of acacia is slightly dark but it can depend on which region the tree is been grown. While acacia wood seems light at first, with time the wood gets dark which makes it even more beautiful.
Acacia wood furniture is not very costly. In fact, it is the best furniture you can get with an affordable price tag. Many sellers try to cheat people by selling furniture at a higher price so it is advisable to buy things from a trusted brand or company. Naturally beautiful and stong, acacia wood is durable for furniture.
How do I protect my acacia wood table?
The best thing about acacia wood is it does not need much maintenance. It is easy to care for this wood. Just keep a few things in mind and your beautiful end-grain furniture will last for years without cracking, chipping or dulling out.
- Direct sun is a big no for acacia. The harmful UV rays of sun might dry out the furniture surface which takes away natural shine of the wood. And prolonged exposure leads to hairline cracks on the exterior that expands with time.
- Wax the acacia wood as directed by the manufacturer. Use a natural, alcohol-free wax that helps restore the shine of the wood. Waxing is not necessary if you buy a finished piece of furniture.
- Clean spills on your acacia wood coffee table or dining table with a soft cloth and warm soapy water. Then clean it again with a dry soft cloth and let it air dry. This will prevent ugly marks of coffee or tea from sitting permanently.
- If you plan on cleaning acacia wood furniture with water and soap then keep a good wax by your side. Rub the recommended wax on the furniture immediately after cleaning to restore its natural shine.
- You can also use nontoxic mineral oil instead of wax. Wait for the oil to absorb in the furniture before using it for the best results. Store in a dry or shaded location for long-lasting shine.
How long will acacia wood table last outside?
Acacia has a good natural moisture content which gives it shine when cut. And in order to preserve its shine, you must keep the furniture indoors. No doubt, acacia wood makes great outdoor furniture but it is better to keep it under shade. You can place the acacia dining table or chairs under a gazebo that will protect your beautiful furniture from harmful rays of the sun.
Prolonged exposure to the sun will take away acacia’s natural moisture and leave small crack-lines on the exterior. With time the width of cracks increases in size and surface dulls due to lack of moisture as well. So your acacia outdoor furniture will not last for long if kept in direct sunlight. But shaded placement makes a great difference. You can keep the furniture in shaded areas and it will last for years.
Application of non-toxic mineral oil or wax will help maintain the moisture of acacia wood. This results in a shiny, crack-free, and scratch-free surface. Applying wax once or twice in a year is recommended for outdoor acacia wood furniture. But you can increase or decrease application times as per sunlight or humidity in your region.
- Top 5 Best Acacia Wood Dining Table
- Best Farberware Coffee Percolator
- Top 5 Acacia Wood Cutting Board
Wooden furniture always lasts long when it is made of quality material. And acacia wood coffee tables are not only sturdy but naturally beautiful. Plus, they come in different shapes like hexagonal, round, and square to match with your room interior perfectly. And the natural grain color of acacia is simply stunning. This natural wood color adds warmth and character to any space. It makes the product look expensive than it is actually.