A primary tool of any kitchen is a knife. And every household or commercial kitchen keeps a set of chef knife for perfect and smooth cuts. But do you really have a good quality chef knife? It is hard to determine whether the knife you own is good or not. But a simple set of questions will let you know whether it is time to change your old knife set or not.
First of all, if your palm or fingers feel fatigued even after chopping ingredients for a short time then the handle of your knife is not comfortable. And if you find difficult to chop down hard foods like carrot, radish, and meat then you need to find a solution. If you do not want to buy a new set then you must try sharpening the knife with an electric knife sharpener.
But if you cannot get smooth cuts even after sharpening, then my friend you need a new set of chef’s knife. So we’ve picked some of the best Victorinox chef’s knife that provides pro-results every time. All these are 8-inch knives that are not very expensive and great for household use. If you cook regularly at home then you must check them out.
|Victorinox Fibrox Pro||Ergonomic Handle||8 Inch|
|Victorinox Swiss Classic||Strong Grip||8"|
|Victorinox Chef's Knife 8||Fibrox handle||8-Inches|
|Victorinox Granton Blade||Textured||8 Inches|
|Victorinox Curved Knife||Rosewood Handle||8 Inch|
1) Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch Chef’s FFP
Cutting soft fruits and vegetables is no biggie. Even a dull knife can give a smooth cut when the ingredient is soft. But the real test of a knife is when you use it for chopping dry and hard food items. For example, chopping nuts, meat, and onion. And Victorinox Fibrox 8-inch chef’s knife successfully passes the test.
Thanks to its razor-sharp edge that rarely requires sharpening and is ideal for carving all kinds of meat. From chicken to fish, you can slice the meat off in a single pass. While the 8-inch blade smoothly cuts through the ingredients, an ergonomic handle offers better handling of the knife.
Made from thermoplastic elastomer(TPE), the handle provides an excellent non-slip grip even when wet. As a result, it gives you a sense of safety while chopping, mincing, or dicing food. And the best part is, no need to wash the product with hands as it is a dishwasher-safe chef’s knife.
- The Fibrox material is a bit rough which provides great grip
- National Sanitary Foundation(NSF) approved
- Safe to wash inside the dishwasher
- One of the top rated 8-inch chef’s knife on Amazon with over 2500 positive reviews
- A sloping curved blade that “rocks” for effortless mincing and slicing
- High-quality, lightweight European steel
- Flat spine design effortlessly slice through hard-skinned food items
- Though the product is safe to wash inside the dishwasher, prefer washing it by hands for long life
2) Victorinox 8 Inch Swiss Classic Chef’s Knife
We’ve seen in many commercial ads how their knife effortlessly cuts through a variety of ingredients. And let us not deny we also wish to own the same product. Who will not love to chop onions like a pro? So on the list comes Victorinox 8-inch Swiss chef’s knife that is highly versatile and sharp.
By versatility, we mean the 8-inch Victorinox knife is ideal for dicing, slicing, mincing, chopping, crushing, and shredding. So yes, cooking possibilities are endless with this product. From soft ingredients to hard-skinned food like beef, Victorinox swiss classic chef’s knife will give butter-smooth cuts.
Fatigue by knife happens when there’s no good balance between blade and handle. But lightweight European steel of this 8-inch chef’s knife helps to reduce wrist fatigue. Therefore, your hands will not feel tired even if you’re chopping food for your family of 6.
- Laser-tested, the tapered edge is ground in two directions to hold a sharp edge longer
- The lightweight design of the product reduces hand and wrist fatigue
- Highly versatile unit great for home use and commercial kitchens
- Backed by a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship
- Use of high-quality materials in construction requires less sharpening
- The contoured nylon handle provides better grip while chopping or slicing hard ingredients like onion, beetroot, etc
- It does not hold an edge super long but it is very easy to sharpen
3) Victorinox 8″ Chef’s Knife
A knife is one such kitchen tool that you will need daily. Be it for chopping fruits or veggies to dry fruits or meat, a sharp chef’s knife is a must in every household. But the sharpness of any knife will fade away with time no matter how expensive it is. So one thing to take care of while buying the product is, it should be easy to sharpen.
The thick straight blade of Victorinox 8″ chef’s knife is extremely easy to sharpen. You can either use an electric knife sharpener or hone it manually after few uses for one-cut sharpness. Its high-carbon stainless steel blade provides maximum sharpness and edge retention. Whereas, conical ground lengthwise and crosswise results in minimal resistance while cutting.
Fibrox handle offers a good grip while you’re chopping juicy tomatoes and cucumbers. You’ll not lose the grip easily even though your hand is wet. Thus, the grip is comfortable enough to chop through soft veggies, and at the same time the sturdy side is great for crushing garlic and other such herbs and spices.
- Patented 2-inch fibrox handle is textured for a better grip
- Optimal cutting power
- This 8-inch multipurpose knife is designed for a variety of tasks including chopping, mincing, dicing, etc
- Thick steel blade provides maximum sharpness and edge retention
- Easy to sharpen and hone
- Ergonomically designed for maximum balance and comfort
- Expertly made in Switzerland
- Hih-quality construction of the unit has made it a kitchen go-to knife for food preparation
- Hand wash only
- Needs occasional honing and sharpening
4) Victorinox 8 Inch Swiss Classic Chef’s Knife with Granton Blade
If we’re allowed to give an award for the best chef’s knife then Victorinox 8-inch Swiss classic would win it. This all-rounder chef’s knife is great for both home and commercial use. Unlike a simple straight blade, this Victorinox Granton blade features hollowed-out grooves that create pockets of air. And the benefit associated with such a blade is it prevents food from sticking to the blade which is common with soft and juicy food like tomato and cucumber.
The contemporary handle of this Victorinox 8-inch swiss knife is inspired by their Fibrox proline. Therefore, the handle is textured and slip-resistant that ensures maximum user safety. Such a handle when combined with lightweight European steel results in a perfectly balanced design. Thus, you’ll not feel like you’re holding a bulky knife that is well-known to cause wrist fatigue.
The shape of the 8-inch blade with a sloping curve is ideal for various chop-board tasks. You can slice onion, diced tomatoes, shredded cabbage, mince herbs, or crush the garlic. And special thanks to the Graton blade with dimples on sides that are great for slicing meats of all varieties, especially, ham, salmon, and poultry.
- Contoured nylon handle is lightweight, durable, and easy to work with
- Durable fluted edge with hollowed0out grooves on both sides prevents sticking of food
- Great for slicing meat
- The tapered knife edge is ground in 2 directions to ensures sharpness for a long time
- Crafted in Switzerland, the product is backed by a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
- Dimples on the sides of the 8-inch long blade create less friction while chopping and slicing ingredients
- Safe to wash in dishwasher but prefer washing with hands for a long-lasting razor cut sharpness
- 8-ounce weight of this Victorinox chef knife might make it difficult for people with arthritis
- Bit expensive than other standard chef knives but available under $100
5) Victorinox 8-Inch Curved Breaking Knife, Rosewood Handle
Separating bone from the flesh can be quite difficult with straight blades. So last on the list comes Victorinox 8-inch curved breaking knife that is perfect for butchering work. The width of such a knife is small as compared to the chef’s knife but is 8-inch long. And such a shape is ideal for breaking down large quarters into smaller roasts and pieces.
Credit for the smooth removal of bones from the flesh goes to its curved blade. In fact, this tool can help complete a meat-lovers heavy-duty collection. On the other side, the blade is beautifully paired with a classic, beautiful rosewood handle. This handle is riveted for durability and strength while you remove bone from the flesh.
High-quality carbon stainless steel provides maximum sharpness and edge retention. Plus, it is ice tempered to sustain sharpness for a long period. You will not need to sharpen Victorinox breaking knife as frequently as the chef’s knife. Thus, saves time.
- The unit undergoes a special tempering process for an edge that can be resharpened again and again
- The blade is conical ground throughout its length and depth
- Wider breaking point results in less risk of the blade breaking
- Beautiful rosewood handle enhances the beauty of the 8-inch breaking knife
- Best knife for butcher’s work
- The curved blade removes bone from the flesh in a single pass
- Backed by a lifetime warranty against manufacturers defects
- Riveted handles offer high durability as well as minimize wrist tension
- Manual honing only
- Bit costly
- Wash by hands and dry immediately to ensure the long life of the rosewood handle
Things You Can Cut Using an 8-inch Chef Knife
A chef’s knife is good for every household that cooks daily. And an 8-inch chef knife has ideal width and length for multi-purpose use. With perfect sharpness and a good grip, an 8-inch knife is ideal for,
- Cutting meat, here meat includes beef, pork, chicken, etc
- Chopping and dicing vegetables
- Slicing herbs
- Fine chopping of nuts
- Slicing apples for apple pie
- Disjointing some cuts
Apart from these, you can also use it to cut small and medium-sized fruits to make a fruit bowl. Make sure to use your 8-inch chef knife on a good wooden board to maintain its sharpness for long. Not all types of wooden chopping boards are ideal for your expensive 8-inch chef knife. Also, you must avoid mincing garlic and herbs till the time you’re comfortable with your new knife. Avoid carving dense meat or meat bones as your straight chef knife is not designed for it. Once you get a good grip on the knife, you can prepare food in minutes.
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice without Food Processor
- Top Rated KitchenAid Food Processor
- 7 Best Damascus Chef Knife
- 10 Best Wusthof Kitchen Knife Set
Chopping is fun when you have a razor-shape blade. And Victorinox 8-inch chef’s knife provides excellent sharpness under a budget-friendly price tag. The majority of Victorinox knives are crafted in Switzerland which is best known for making swiss knives. Even if the blade gets dull after certain uses, it is extremely easy to sharpen a dull straight blades either manually or with the help of an electric knife sharpener. So conclusively, affordable price, user-friendly design, and easy maintenance make Victorinox 8-inch chef knife worth buying.